Motoring Discussion > Black Circles Accessories and Parts
Thread Author: maltrap Replies: 19

Black Circles - maltrap
I’m thinking of using Black Circles.
Has anyone else used this company, would you recommend or otherwise?
Last edited by: VxFan on Tue 17 Jan 23 at 10:53
 Black Circle - R.P.
I came close to using them. Local BMW dealer matched the price by a coupe of quid a corner.
 Black Circle - Zero
Yes I have, better choice of tyres than Kwikfit, and slightly keener price wise as well, but satisfaction is entirely dependent on how good your chosen tyre dealer/fitter is.
 Black Circle - Duncan
>> I’m thinking of using Black Circle.
>> Has anyone else used this company, would you recommend or otherwise?

Yes. Fine. No problem. Did what it said on the tin.
 Black Circle - martin aston
Yes used BC multiple times. They are especially good on Michelins, probably as they are part the same group.
 Black Circle - Fullchat
The only issue with on line tyre buying and third party fitting is what happens if you have a warranty claim? "We just fit em mate."
 Black Circle - Duncan
Get BC to supply AND fit.
 Black Circle - Zero
BC dont fit, they use tyre dealers local to you
 Black Circle - Bromptonaut
When I had the Skoda MoT'd by the outfit I normally use for tyres they had a dozen or so new tyres on a rack labelled Black Circles.
 Black Circle - martin aston
Re one stop fitting and liability if anything goes wrong. ATS, Michelin and Black Circles are all part of the same group. So if it’s a concern you can choose ATS for fitting if it’s convenient.

Having said that, in fifty years of motoring and dozens of tyres I have never had an issue with a new faulty tyre or fitting issue, though no doubt they do happen.
 Black Circle - bathtub tom
It happens!
Many years ago, as an impoverished student, I had some remoulds fitted. One de-laminated, on a 100E Ford!
The next set I noticed weren't identical. Both labelled 520x13, but one had an extra sipe running round it and was definitely 'fatter' than the other. The fitter refused to admit anything was wrong, but when I contacted the manufacturer they sent a rep out. Although he didn't admit anything, he arranged to have it replaced.
Cortina GT and I could now afford new tyres. Checking the pressures a couple of days after fitting and the tyre wall said 'tube type'. I was looking at a tubeless valve. Again, the fitters said it didn't matter. Trading standards disagreed. I had them removed elsewhere, trading standards picked them up and I received a full refund.
Doing a walkround check after new tyres to discover one was fitted with sidewall marked inside on the outside.
 Black Circle - zippy
>>Trading standards disagreed. I had them removed elsewhere, trading standards picked them
>>up and I received a full refund.

Ah the good old days when Trading Standards dealt with the public. I think they send you to CA now.
 Black Circle - VxFan
>> The only issue with on line tyre buying and third party fitting is what happens
>> if you have a warranty claim? "We just fit em mate."

That, and also you're put to the back of the queue when they've been delivered to your chosen garage. "can't fit them today mate, we're too busy dealing with our own paying customers cars. Try again tomorrow"

Fortunately however, I've been lucky with my local tyre dealer. They also have an on-line website which is cheaper than being quoted over the counter. And quite often within a £1 or 2 of Black Cirles.
 Black Circle - CGNorwich
Last year I bought some new tyres from Tyre Pro. I first checked on line and they were a good price. Since I was passing I popped in to make an appointment.

I was then quoted a substantially higher price. I mentioned the lower quote and was advised that that was the online price and nothing to do with them.They we’re quoting the in store price.

They confirmed however it would be the same fitters fitting the same tyre. I got out my phone and booked and paid online.
Last edited by: CGNorwich on Mon 23 Jan 23 at 11:07
>> I was then quoted a substantially higher price. I mentioned the lower quote and was
>> advised that that was the online price and nothing to do with them.They we’re quoting
>> the in store price.

I think that pretty much every fast fit type emporium has two prices. A lower one for 'on line' bookings where there are time slots, a predictable workload for the fitters and tyres etc arrive just in time. All automated with little if any staff time in booking the work in.

Then there's a higher 'rack' rate for those who turn up in person tying up reception staff and requiring then to keep tyres in stock.
 Black Circle - Rudedog
I'm about the use BC but four Michelin PS5's, good price (they are affiliated to Michelin) but not quite as good as ATS although going through BC means I can pick a fitter closer to home and one I trust with my alloys.

Also I gave on the quick-fit places when I once sat in store for an hour plus after I had made an online booking but was continually 'bumped' each time a lease-car driver came in needing a tyre replaced urgently.

Black Circle - Mr Moo

>> Also I gave on the quick-fit places when I once sat in store for an
>> hour plus after I had made an online booking but was continually 'bumped' each time
>> a lease-car driver came in needing a tyre replaced urgently.
>>
>>
>>
That’s interesting. I guess I’m one of those lease car/company car drivers! On two occasions recently, I’ve had a slow puncture that’s needing fixing. On both occasions I rang (not so) Kwik Fit and booked in for an agreed slot. On both occasions it took them an hour to get the work completed. I’m sure if I were allowed to use my local garage for the same, they’d have it all sorted in about 15 minutes. Getting a bit fed up of having to work in KF’s reception area!
 Black Circles - Dave_
We bought 4 Michelin CrossClimate 2 tyres through BlackCircles and had them fitted to the Yeti by a fast-fit place near my work before Christmas. Seamless process, friendly staff and the best price for the tyres I wanted (by about £8 a corner). Nothing bad to say about them, will use again.
 Black Circles - maltrap
Had 4 Kumho’s fitted today. Arrived at my appointed time, fitters waiting for me. Returning 30 minutes later, all done. Excellent, recommended
Latest Forum Posts