Motoring Discussion > Log into met police Miscellaneous
Thread Author: wotspur Replies: 3

 Log into met police - wotspur
My son in the last few weeks has been caught on theA40 doing in excess of the limits through the roadworks , two days running .
As I’m the registered keeper , but he Was driving , and I want him to learn to deal with these situations , I redirected the two charges to him .
So far he’s only received one directive back from the police
To try and help sort it out, I went into the MET POLICE login , and filled out the details required for both tickets using the notice no, the ref and no plate details ……neither one was accepted .
As far as I can find there is no contact no, or a away of reporting this snag , any suggestions please
 Log into met police - Fullchat
The notice that was sent to you that you have forwarded to your son should have incorporated 2 processes. The first is the NIP (Notice of Intended Prosecution) and the second a 172 declaration which you return and, as the registered keeper, name the driver at the time of the alleged offence.
I don't know of an alternative method as the 172 is part of the legal process in that if you fail, as the registered keeper, to notify you also commit an offence.
Last edited by: Fullchat on Wed 29 Mar 23 at 17:38
 Log into met police - wotspur
So after ringing 101 , I to the met police on 0207 230 1199
They explained the ref and security no , become obsolete when you transfer to another person . Fairly obvious but thry could explain this would happen if transferred .
Thanks Fullchat for the answer
 Log into met police - Terry
I would send them a letter confirming the conversation by registered mail.

There may be no problem - but if there is a foul up you will have documented evidence of your actions which should leave you in the clear.
Latest Forum Posts