Motoring Discussion > Can I park here and use these roads ?? Miscellaneous
Thread Author: wotspur Replies: 2

Can I park here and use these roads ?? - wotspur
My local Chinese, in Surrey , is right by a bus stop .
Can I park there on a Saturday night at 9 pm - the last bus is at 7Pm and the next bus not till Monday ??

In and around Brentford Ealing amongst other areas ,there are hundred of roads ,where you can not enter between school hours 0f 8-9.30 and 2-30 to 4 pm …….are these restrictions still in play Even during school holidays ?? I reckon they are , but shouldn’t be
 Can I park here and use these roads ?? - Bromptonaut
I think you'd be unlucky to be ticketed on a bus stop at any time of day/night. Highway code rule 243 is, interestingly, phrased as do not. ISTR that without a MUST that is advice not law.

It may however be different in London or other places per local byelaws.

School restrictions are there, obvs, to ptoect pupils etc. A lot of schools round here have childcare still running during holidays and and number of study and activity clubs still going on.
 Can I park here and use these roads ?? - martin aston
I think you will find bus stop restrictions are 24*7 unless specifically signed otherwise. I always thought that they were for any bus or coach not just routine timetabled ones. Certainly that’s how they are used in my local town. They do ticket cars parking there even on Sundays when no routine services are running but tourist coaches are.
Latest Forum Posts