Motoring Discussion > ULEZ cameras on TFL vans. Some ULEZ impact on me. Miscellaneous
Thread Author: henry k Replies: 13

ULEZ cameras on TFL vans. Some ULEZ impact on me. - henry k
tinyurl.com/2y3orck3

ULEZ impact on me /us
My petrol Jaguar X type is exempt so that is at least a plus.

If either of my children with/without our young grand children travel from their homes, both 10mins away in the ULEZ zone they will get clocked. A family get together at my home now costs them £25.
No reasonable public transport available as an alternative.
Thanks for increasing my isolation Mr Khan.
 ULEZ cameras on TFL vans. Some ULEZ impact on me. - Bromptonaut
>> Thanks for increasing my isolation Mr Khan.

It's not Sadiq Khan and certainly not Sadiq Khan alone. The concept's development began in Boris's mayoralty. The extension out to the N/S circulars was mandated by Westminster.

I don't mean to minimise the effect on you but do you think we should just ignore NOx and its effect on kids like your grandchildren?
Last edited by: Bromptonaut on Fri 1 Sep 23 at 15:21
 ULEZ cameras on TFL vans. Some ULEZ impact on me. - Kevin
How much will NOx be reduced by the expansion?
 ULEZ cameras on TFL vans. Some ULEZ impact on me. - car4play
www.imperial.ac.uk/news/231894/london-pollution-improved-with-evidence-small/

.. less than 3% for the initial ULEZ

----- snip ------
The researchers looked at the Ultra-Low Emissions Zone’s effect on air quality over a 12-week period around the implementation of the first ULEZ scheme in April 2019. The findings pertain to the short-term changes in air pollution that resulted from the ULEZ becoming active. This approach enabled them to isolate the effects of the ULEZ from other changes or policies that may have affected air pollution in London over a longer period of time.

They found that at some locations air pollution did improve in immediate response, with reductions of up to 9 per cent for nitrogen dioxide (NO2). However, when they looked at the changes across all monitoring sites in London, the changes for NO2 were less than 3 per cent overall and insignificant for PM2.5.

The real scandal is that Imperial was paid around £800k for the research and FOI requests showed that the guy in charge at Imperial told the Mayor that he would say anything the Mayor wanted.
The request also showed that the underlings in the department were appalled by the spin put on message.

Talk about buying the science.
 ULEZ cameras on TFL vans. Some ULEZ impact on me. - sooty123
news.sky.com/story/hundreds-of-attacks-on-ulez-cameras-recorded-by-police-12952270

Seems some aren't overly happy.
 ULEZ cameras on TFL vans. Some ULEZ impact on me. - Robin O'Reliant
It does seem that a lot of money has been spent for very little reward. Could it be that the real reason these cameras have been put in place is with a view to future pay as you drive road pricing legislation?
 ULEZ cameras on TFL vans. Some ULEZ impact on me. - Boxsterboy
Fixed cameras are no use for road pricing. Road pricing will inevitably come as fuel tax reduces as the nation switches to EVs, unless some source of taxation is used.
It's just a money grab to fill the budget deficit. If they really were concerned about air quality for Londoners they would do something about the high levels of pollution in the underground, but there is no money in that.
 ULEZ cameras on TFL vans. Some ULEZ impact on me. - sooty123
Bit of an odd money grab if 90-95% of cars entering the zone are exempt ?
 ULEZ cameras on TFL vans. Some ULEZ impact on me. - Duncan
>> It does seem that a lot of money has been spent for very little reward.
>> Could it be that the real reason these cameras have been put in place is
>> with a view to future pay as you drive road pricing legislation?
>>

Ah right!

So, it's a conspiracy, is it?

That's good, I do enjoy a good conspiracy theory.
 ULEZ cameras on TFL vans. Some ULEZ impact on me. - Shiny
It has already been exposed that it is the plan in the WEF's C40 whitepapers of which Siddiq Khan is the global Chair of said C40 Group.
 ULEZ cameras on TFL vans. Some ULEZ impact on me. - Boxsterboy
OMG! Conspiracy theorists invade C4P!
I’m surprised all these ULEZ protesters don’t claim that MOT emissions test are a ‘war on motorists’ and ‘a licence to print money’, blah blah blah
Cycling home from work today, past Chessington World of Adventures I counted a surprising number of non-compliant cars queuing the other way, heading up towards Kingston/the A3.
 ULEZ cameras on TFL vans. Some ULEZ impact on me. - Kevin
ULEZ pulling in £715,000 per day but any effect it has on air quality won't be available until after Mayoral Election.

www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-67266241
Latest Forum Posts