Motoring Discussion > New ICE ban 2035 - what will it actually hit? Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Rudedog Replies: 1

New ICE ban 2035 - what will it actually hit? - Rudedog
This may seem obvious but I've searched many times using different wording but I'm just interested as to what the new ICE ban in 2035 will actually affect so thought I'd ask the knowledgable fellows here.

Cars are obvious but how about the following - I guess some may have exemptions but when I repeatedly hear about NO new ICE's being made/sold (in UK) after 2035 I'm not 100% sure if that's going to be true.

Motorbikes
HGVs
Buses/Coaches
Boats/Ferries/Oil tankers etc
Trains
Emergency vehicles - Ambulances, Fire-engines & all types of Police vehicle
Model aircraft - many use small jet engines
Military - Tanks, SPG
Agricultural vehicles - Combine harvesters, tractors
Construction - especially the massive dumper trucks and diggers used in mining or road building
Sit-on lawn mowers
Historic vehicles which include total engine rebuilds

And the ones I'm interested in;

Forestry equipment - chainsaws
Emergency generators - I struggle to think that no more will be made or you couldn't buy one.

I've left off commercial aircraft - not sure why as I assume they come under ICE.

New ICE ban 2035 - what will it ac The tually hit? - smokie
I was bored so Barded each of your topics. Here are the headlines, DYOR for the full articles. NB Bard is not fully reliable.

In the UK, there is a proposed ban on motorbikes in 2035. This ban is being proposed in an effort to reduce air pollution and improve road safety. (NB MY NOTE - this doesn't appear to be ICE related)

The UK is planning to ban diesel-powered heavy-goods vehicles (HGVs) by 2035 as part of its efforts to reduce air pollution. The ban will apply to all new HGVs registered in the UK from that date, and will also apply to existing HGVs from 2040.

The UK government is currently consulting on ending the sale of new, non-zero emission buses, coaches and minibuses. This could mean a ban on new diesel and petrol buses, coaches and minibuses from as early as 2035.

The UK government has announced a ban on the sale of new petrol and diesel cars and vans from 2030, but it has not yet announced any plans to ban the sale of new petrol and diesel boats and ferries.

The UK is planning to ban the sale of new petrol and diesel cars and vans from 2035, and the government has said that it is also committed to decarbonising the rail network. However, there is no specific ban on diesel trains planned for 2035.

The UK's 2035 ice ban on new car sales does not explicitly exempt emergency vehicles. However, the government has stated that it is committed to working with emergency services to ensure that they have the vehicles they need to respond to emergencies.

The UK's 2035 ban on the sale of new internal combustion engine (ICE) vehicles does not apply to model aircraft. This is because model aircraft are not considered to be road vehicles, and therefore are not subject to the same emissions regulations.

The UK ICE ban from 2035 is likely to have a significant impact on military equipment. The British Armed Forces currently operate a wide range of ICE-powered vehicles and aircraft, including tanks, armored vehicles, helicopters, and transport planes.

The UK government has not yet announced a specific ban on the sale of new internal combustion engine (ICE) agricultural equipment in 2035. However, the government has said that it is committed to achieving net zero greenhouse gas emissions by 2050, and that agriculture will need to play a significant role in reducing its emissions.

The UK government has not yet announced a specific ban on the sale of new internal combustion engine (ICE) construction vehicles in 2035. However, the government has committed to achieving net zero emissions by 2050, and it is likely that a ban on ICE construction vehicles will be part of the plan to achieve this goal.

The UK plans to ban the sale of lawn mowers with petrol or diesel engines by 2035 in an effort to reduce air pollution and greenhouse gas emissions. The ban will apply to all new lawn mowers sold in the UK, including both commercial and domestic models.

The UK's 2035 ice ban will ban the sale of new petrol and diesel cars and vans. However, there is currently no suggestion that historic vehicles will be banned from being driven or sold.

The UK government has announced that the sale of new petrol and diesel cars and vans will be banned from 2030, with all new cars and vans sold from 2035 required to be zero-emission. However, there is no specific mention of forestry equipment in the legislation.

The UK government's ban on the sale of new petrol and diesel cars and vans from 2030, with hybrids following in 2035, does not apply to emergency generators. This is because emergency generators are considered to be essential for critical infrastructure and services, and there is not yet a viable alternative to ICE-powered generators for this purpose.
Last edited by: smokie on Sat 7 Oct 23 at 23:55
Latest Forum Posts