Motoring Discussion > Ineos Grenadier Miscellaneous
Thread Author: R.P. Replies: 14

Ineos Grenadier - R.P.
Seen a few on the road around here. Today was different. Market day in one of the valley's towns. Saw not one but two, covered in rural brown stuff towing the compulsory Ifor Williams trailers, obviously starting to make inroads into the farming communities. Have Land Rover missed a trick ?
 Ineos Grenadier - Bromptonaut
>> Seen a few on the road around here. Today was different. Market day in one
>> of the valley's towns. Saw not one but two, covered in rural brown stuff towing
>> the compulsory Ifor Williams trailers, obviously starting to make inroads into the farming communities. Have
>> Land Rover missed a trick ?

At a glance they're very similar to the current LR.

There were two around on Harris when we were there in June. One possibly a tourist but the other belonged to a guy who is doing up a cottage in the largely abandoned 'village' of Caw. Dry when we were there but would be splattered when it got wet..
 Ineos Grenadier - Zero

>> At a glance they're very similar to the current LR.

Well as they are both designed to ape the original defender thats hardly a surprise. They both have a similar starting price. Of the two I prefer the look of the New defender, and if reliability wasnt so horrific* I would be tempted to get one. £60k I could swallow, but I would need the 110, and with towing pack and dog pack comes in at 70k

*the Ineos isnt much better apparently.
 Ineos Grenadier - Duncan
>>
>> Have Land Rover missed a trick ?
>>

I have heard a rumour - scurrilous and completely unfounded, I have no doubt, that Land Rover reliability is - well - not to pussy foot around - not all that it could be. Some people have said that the reliability could be improved just a teensy, weensy bit.
 Ineos Grenadier - R.P.
Hahahahaha ! Let's hope the Ineos is better ! The two I saw were locally registered and clearly coming or going to the Ruthin's market. I don't think they were tourists unless it was some wierd sort of trip
 Ineos Grenadier - Manatee
There's one goes through here probably daily. It looks incredibly like a 110 station wagon, the only odd note being the bulgy bonnet.

I wish it was half the price. Although I dare say I wouldn't like the fuel costs.
 Ineos Grenadier - Bobby
Harry’s Garage tested one and if memory serves me right he wasn’t very complimentary about it.
And he is also a farmer who uses as proper 4x4.
 Ineos Grenadier - Rudedog
Visited their stand at Goodwood and they do look very similar - the one issue that has been mentioned on YT and I saw it firsthand are with the rear split doors, one is a 1/4 door and the other is where the spare is mounted - the 1/4 door is questionable, can't use it get in or put stuff in.
 Ineos Grenadier - Bromptonaut
>> the 1/4 door is questionable, can't use it get in or put stuff

Maybe it depends how skinny they are?

My party trick in the office was sidling through the one third of 60/40 fire doors.
 Ineos Grenadier - bathtub tom
>>My party trick in the office was sidling through the one third of 60/40 fire doors.

What did you do with the other 7%?
 Ineos Grenadier - R.P.
A Swiss registered one passed me the other evening....it had a most irritating squeak !
 Ineos Grenadier - zippy
>> A Swiss registered one passed me the other evening....it had a most irritating squeak !
>>

That'll be the mouse looking for the Swiss cheese. (I'll get my coat.)
 Ineos Grenadier - legacylad
Saw one parked up in Settle market place today whilst waiting for the bus. It was only when I saw the name on it I realised it wasn’t a customised LR 110 wagon.

Certainly thought it an ugly big lump. Characterless in my eyes.
 Ineos Grenadier - bathtub tom
>> Saw one parked up in Settle market place today, waiting for the bus.

As reliable as its JLR equivalent then? How on earth do they get it upstairs (I presume it was smoking)?
 Ineos Grenadier - legacylad
You’d be amazed what I see waiting for the bus in t’market place :-)
Latest Forum Posts