Motoring Discussion > Lexus - Lexus UX Knob! Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Bobby Replies: 5

Lexus - Lexus UX Knob! - Bobby
What is that knob that sticks out from above the dashboard to the left of the instrument binnacle?

Looks weird and would probably stop me buying this model purely because if it!! In the same way that I could never buy a Mini as it has round dials with rectangular media displays inside them!

www.autotrader.co.uk/car-details/202309192145401
 Lexus - Lexus UX Knob! - Bromptonaut
Looks like a rotary switch - there are markings on it - but I cannot figure what for.

Lexus was never a brand on my radar but if the car did everything I wanted I don't think a non standard control would break the deal.
 Lexus - Lexus UX Knob! - tyrednemotional
..if it's what I'm looking at, it's just a rotary switch (and there is a matching one the other side).

The one on the left is the transmission mode (being marked "Sport, Normal, and (I think) ECO")

Don't know about the RH one.

Edit to add:

Though the shape is the same, it looks like the RH one is a push-button for Traction Control or ESC off/on function).
Last edited by: tyrednemotional on Sat 9 Dec 23 at 10:02
 Lexus - Lexus UX Knob! - Rudedog
There seems to be one on both left and right - they don't fall to hand so must change something you don't need to use all of the time.
 Lexus - Lexus UX Knob! - Terry
Lexus apparently have an excellent reputation for quality and reliability.

Irrespective of what the knobs are for they would not be a deal breaker if the car is otherwise what you want. You may even grow to appreciate them!!
 Lexus - Lexus UX Knob! - martin aston
The online manual is silent on this or has it hidden away. However looking at better images online the knob seems to be to set driving mode and, in some images, other additional functions. There is one on the opposite side of the binnacle that controls VSC (stability I assume).
Given that most of us hate controls hidden away in menus I see the use of physical controls as a positive thing.
Latest Forum Posts