Motoring Discussion > Crash courses to learn to drive Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Mapmaker Replies: 4

Crash courses to learn to drive - Mapmaker
I'm sure that when I was young, 'crash' courses to learn to drive in a week with a test at the end were quite common. Google hasn't found me anything. Driving tests seem to have a five-month lead time anyway.

Is it really this bad?
 Crash courses to learn to drive - Bromptonaut
>> Is it really this bad?

I'd a vague recollection that the really short ones were banned but it may be my memory playing tricks.
 Crash courses to learn to drive - Robin O'Reliant
>>
>>
>> I'd a vague recollection that the really short ones were banned but it may be
>> my memory playing tricks.
>>

You're memory playing tricks, Brompt. There is no legal requirement to take any driving lessons at all, or even to have driven a car before the day of your test.

In my time I did intensive courses from time to time, lucrative but I never really liked them. People with a high work ethic tend to thrive on them, otherwise they are a waste of time. The local Job Centre used to sometimes pay for a course of lessons for teenagers who had been unemployed for six months in order to help them find work. I refused to take any in the end, despite being paid a fair bit more than I normally charged. I soon understood why the people put forward had been out of work for so long, their attention spans lasted twenty minutes at best.
 Crash courses to learn to drive - CGNorwich
my5day.com/?gclid=Cj0KCQiAm4WsBhCiARIsAEJIEzXXpZSSUkHXVSNziImkPQ7AwX0gs6HvQ_URR6-HE5kwWeehTimo-AcaAp7GEALw_wcB
 Crash courses to learn to drive - Mapmaker
Thanks, CGN. The problem is that I don't think they exist. The Trustpilot reviews are soooooo bad for all of the ones Google brings up:

uk.trustpilot.com/review/my5day.com?stars=1

The 5 star reviews are all written by people who have only done one - or maybe two - reviews.

Last edited by: Mapmaker on Tue 19 Dec 23 at 16:58
Latest Forum Posts