Motoring Discussion > The penny finally drops in North Wales. Miscellaneous
Thread Author: R.P. Replies: 4

The penny finally drops in North Wales. - R.P.
www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-11814608

This new Chief is rarely in the media unlike his predecessor - this is how it should be.
 The penny finally drops in North Wales. - Dave_
...took over from Richard Brunstrom last November...

I'm a keen follower of this sort of thing, and I'd never heard of Mark Polin after a year in the post. So yes PU, I agree.
 The penny finally drops in North Wales. - Westpig
A breath of fresh air...a bit like Sir Paul Stephenson in the Met then....after Sir Ian Blair
 The penny finally drops in North Wales. - Kevin
>A breath of fresh air...

A good start but it's too late, the damage is done.

It will take years and a lot of PR work before traffic cops are perceived as anything other than cash collectors.

Brunstrom provided a perfect example of why the introduction of directly elected police chiefs has gained popularity despite the potential drawbacks.
 The penny finally drops in North Wales. - Westpig
the introduction of directly elected police chiefs has gained popularity despite the potential drawbacks.
>>
That is not a good idea, in fact it will/would be a disaster. Can you imagine the political knee jerks being translated into policing knee jerks...at least the current set up has a built in bureaucratic time wasting element in it before the next dictat comes out to the Old Bill, which means some of the wackier ideas will have gone from the public eye by the time they'd plan to bring them in.
Latest Forum Posts