Motoring Discussion > Toyota Landcruiser 100 Amazon - Landcruise recommendations please Buying / Selling
Thread Author: legacylad Replies: 9

Toyota Landcruiser 100 Amazon - Landcruise recommendations please - legacylad
A friend of mine lives & works in the Alps, running a ski chalet. Ideally he could do with a very reliable 7 seater, so we both thought of a Landcruiser. Not new! Anything he should be aware of?...max price up to £15k but preferably less. They are v expensive in mountain regions, so sourcing LHD back in the UK would be the best option, although limited supplies.
 Toyota Landcruiser 100 Amazon - Landcruise recommendations please - Dave
The usual problems are adjustable suspension problems, and elec adjustable steering column.

If he wants to move people about, he's better off getting a VW caravelle/transporter minibus.
 Toyota Landcruiser 100 Amazon - Landcruise recommendations please - Old Navy
I have seen many 4X4 VW minibus type things used as taxi's in ski resorts. The local taxi drivers know what works best and is cost effective.

Bolt a ski rack on the back and away you go!
Last edited by: Old Navy on Sat 8 Jan 11 at 10:17
 Toyota Landcruiser 100 Amazon - Landcruise recommendations please - Zero
what they said, they always seem to use a minibus, being flat sided you can strap ski's all over and load it with people.
Also access is a priority, a sliding side door is useful if people are going to use it wearing ski or snowboard boots, very difficult with a car shaped door.
 Toyota Landcruiser 100 Amazon - Landcruise recommendations please - Tigger
Rear seats in an LC are really small - child seats really.

Much though I'm an LC fan, I'd be looking at something else.
 Toyota Landcruiser 100 Amazon - Landcruise recommendations please - -
I assumed the OP was enquiring for family/social transport not a local bus service.

Dave is spot on, otherwise very durable, the problem is going to be finding one within budget.

Is LPG easily/cheaply available there, or is it generally too cold leading to the vehicle resorting to petrol too much, if LPG considerable that brings the silky smooth V8 petrol into play.
LPG'd V8 was our original search before we bought the pick up.

Don't forget Nissan Patrol, probably the LC's only real competitor.
Depending on how remote the access is required for, is a big 4X4 required, many village dwellers (where the snow clearing is excellent) use assorted Subarus. Winter tyres and 4X4 make them almost unstopable, except in deep snow, and it can get too deep for any car, Landcruiser or not.
Last edited by: Old Navy on Sat 8 Jan 11 at 11:22
 Toyota Landcruiser 100 Amazon - Landcruise recommendations please - legacylad
It has to be an 8 seater...he already has a couple of mini buses.
We both know a Caravelle would be best, especially in Syncro form, which is what the local taxi drivers use. However, they are VERY expensive to buy in alpine areas, hence the LCruiser idea for airport transfers with only a few passengers, and no need to fit chains. I will mention the Nissan Patrol idea.
Thanks for all your feedback.
 Toyota Landcruiser 100 Amazon - Landcruise recommendations please - Bagpuss
>> and no need to fit chains.

Think you'll find if there is a restriction on a road in the alps requiring snow chains, it applies to all vehicles, including 4x4s.
Latest Forum Posts