Motoring Discussion > Motorbike or not. Miscellaneous
Thread Author: R.P. Replies: 22

Motorbike or not. - R.P.
Got to go to a town around 25 miles away on Wednesday with CAB work - the weather has been tantalizingly springlike today - shall I shan't I ?!
 Motorbike or not. - FotheringtonTomas
It's on *Wednesday*! Wait until the morning, and see what it's like then!
 Motorbike or not. - R.P.
That's what I'll do - not used the RT since November - really a yearning now
 Motorbike or not. - RattleandSmoke
Was perfect weather today (here) but I would watch out for the pot holes. I am noticing and more and more of them since the ice cover.

Mind you even by summer most of them probably won't be repaired so you never use your bike if you worried about every single pot hole!
 Motorbike or not. - R.P.
It's not too bad around here - you just add the post holes to the long list of things you already look out for on the bike though.
 Motorbike or not. - ....
Do it ! You know you want to. Blow the winter cobwebs away.
 Motorbike or not. - paulb
This has reminded me that there is a Y-registered Suzuki Bandit in my garage, whereof the battery could use a charge...

Thanks chaps :-)
 Motorbike or not. - Iffy
...CAB work...

Pleased to hear they are still going.

Seems to me a lot of people in authority are keen to shunt folk with problems to the CAB, but are not so keen to give the CAB funding to do the job.

Motorbike or not. - R.P.
The local one I'm with has had "good" funding for the next few years - trouble is looks lie more work when the Trading Standards direct work comes their way - it'll be the bloomin' NHS direct next..."open wide iffy !"
 Motorbike or not. - Kevin
Do it.

Wednesday looks like being cold and frosty to start with but clear and sunny. Perfect to blow away the winter cobwebs.
 Motorbike or not. - R.P.
Counting down - sort out the bike tomorrow then..
 Motorbike or not. - Runfer D'Hills
Beige helmet ?
 Motorbike or not. - R.P.
Well funnily enough I have a matt black one....as it happens.
 Motorbike or not. - R.P.
...talking of beige helmets....Trafalgar Square beckons !
by default blue I should think...
 Motorbike or not. - Westpig
There's an Isle of Man m/c display team called the 'purple helmets', well worth a You Tube
Guy who used to work for me got arrested on the Isle of Man during TT week. He'd taken his Fireblade over. I asked him if he'd been pulling wheelies or something and he admitted he had but when I pointed out his bad luck at being pulled due to the number of others doing the same he confessed that it wasn't so much the wheelies the cops had objected to but the fact that he was naked at the time he was caught pulling them on Douglas prom.

He still thought it was technically unfair as he had kept his boots, helmet and watch on. Brings a whole new meaning to the term tank slapper I suppose.
 Motorbike or not. - Ted

I hope the Pug doesn't adopt that approach, Humpers. Might be a bit chilly.
I'm avoiding a reference here to blue helmets !

I'm going to book the FJS in next week for it's ticket. If it's a nice day I might have a blast into Cheshire and a spot of lunch somewhere. I have a helmet to match the bike...metallic burgundy, as befits a gentleman rider !

Ted
 Motorbike or not. - R.P.
Ted we have someone trying to contact you off site - can you e-mail me or the mods ?
 Motorbike or not. - Ted
Pug.
I've read his email and replied.
Thanks.

Ted
 Motorbike or not. - R.P.
Sorted....thanks Ted. He wondered whether you'd changed your e-mail address...
 Motorbike or not. - R.P.
Didn't in the end - out with the doggie before going and it was as slippery as anything. Glad I didn't in the end wall to wall fog on the Llyn Peninsula !
 Motorbike or not. - Harleyman
Glorious further down the coast. Had a drop in Tal-y-bont around lunchtime, almost spring-like up there, but still foggy down by Newcastle Emlyn when I returned this afternoon; and the gritters were out even then.
Latest Forum Posts