Motoring Discussion > 14 points but no ban Miscellaneous
Thread Author: BobbyG Replies: 9

14 points but no ban - BobbyG
tinyurl.com/5u5cw84

Now if everything was taken at face value, you think that this is a fair point, why should others suffer their jobs as a result and maybe there are other ways to punish him?

But I think this stinks of yet again, one rule for one and a different rule for the rest of us!

Doesnt want banned? Fair enough, make it a £50k fine or 500 hours community service or something. He is obviously a repeat offender so will he now be able to use this excuse every time?
 14 points but no ban - Iffy
...so will he now be able to use this excuse every time?...

Effectively, it appears he has used an 'exceptional hardship' argument, albeit one with a slightly unusual twist.

He will not be able to use that argument again within two years, assuming the rules are the same both sides of the border.

I've seen magistrates in England warn defendants of this after allowing them to keep their licence.

14 points but no ban - Old Navy
Was the maximum fine imposed?

If not why not.
Last edited by: Old Navy on Thu 20 Jan 11 at 11:29
 14 points but no ban - Kithmo
Money talks.
He is trying to come across as a considerate selfless man, thinking of his employees jobs, but he is actually being selfish by commiting the offence, he was not thinking of the hardship of his employees at the time. That JP wants sacking for allowing this cretin to apply blackmail, he should have been arrested for blackmail.
The magistrate should have called his bluff. Shutting down the Bruar tourist complex would not be an option for him and if he sacked staff because of his speeding ticket the publicity would be damaging to the business.
Last edited by: Old Navy on Thu 20 Jan 11 at 13:18
 14 points but no ban - Woodster
90 on a motorway - heinous. We'd never do that, would we?
 14 points but no ban - Pat
I think we'd all do it, there's no doubt about it.
I'd like to think most of us would shrug our shoulders and say it's a fair cop if we got caught though, and not try to wriggle out of it.

Pat
 14 points but no ban - IJWS14
If most of us were on 10 points we would be more careful.

He showed a total disregard for the consequences of his actions.
The house of Bruar is two hours drive and a convenient coffee stop when heading north, I would not buy more than a coffee and cake or bacon roll, they are good.

It is aimed at American, Japanese, Russian, and Chinese tourists and is priced accordingly. I can't see anyone shutting that down.

www.houseofbruar.com/
Last edited by: Old Navy on Thu 20 Jan 11 at 17:25
 14 points but no ban - Westpig
>> I think we'd all do it, there's no doubt about it.
>> I'd like to think most of us would shrug our shoulders and say it's a
>> fair cop if we got caught though, and not try to wriggle out of it.
>>
Agreed...and...once you'd been done twice, think to yourself "I'm missing stuff here, if I can't see a camera van/ fixed camera/great big police car...then what else am I missing".

Arrogance of course will not allow that.
Latest Forum Posts