Motoring Discussion > Volkswagen Passat - Update- had it remapped!
Thread Author: Pat Replies: 8

Volkswagen Passat - Update- had it remapped! - Pat
Some of you may remember the recent thread on remapping. A few posters recommended Simon Coe (Upsolute) and I decided to entrust the remap to him.

Simon is a top bloke, he came to may place of work and remapped the ECU. Included before and after drives to get readings (a bit hair-raising actually, as it involved flooring it from 1000rpm in 3rd gear and again in 4th up to 4500rpm to check the turbo vanes were working properly).

Anyway, the difference is noticeable though not massive, but apparently the improvement will continue for the next couple of days as the new software beds in. More torque, esp at lower revs, and seems smoother in delivering the power. The car just feels more 'nimble', if that makes sense.

btw the car is a Passat 2.0TDi (56 plate) with 140PS and 320Nm, now 170 and 380.

Definitely worth having done.
 Volkswagen Passat - Update- had it remapped! - Zero

>> Definitely worth having done.

Run a couple of tanks of juice through it, check the MPG, and then come back to confirm its a good job.
 Volkswagen Passat - Update- had it remapped! - Falkirk Bairn
Better tell the Ins Co about it!
 Volkswagen Passat - Update- had it remapped! - Old Navy
>> Better tell the Ins Co about it!
>>

He just has.
 Volkswagen Passat - Update- had it remapped! - Old Navy
What's the next bit of "chaving up", noisy drainpipe exhaust, bling Carlos Fandango wheels, or a 1,000w sound system?
 Volkswagen Passat - Update- had it remapped! - Tooslow
Software "bedding in"?????

John
 Volkswagen Passat - Update- had it remapped! - mikeyb
>> Software "bedding in"?????
>>
>> John
>>

I think some ECU's "learn" your driving style, so perhaps thats what was meant?
 Volkswagen Passat - Update- had it remapped! - MD
Correct. I told you Mr. Coe was a nice bloke didn't I. It's good that someone listened at last. Good work Pat, enjoy.
 Volkswagen Passat - Update- had it remapped! - Pat
Thanks Martin. And thanks for the recommendation in the first place.

Latest Forum Posts