Motoring Discussion > A lucky escape from a truck incident. Miscellaneous
Thread Author: henry k Replies: 10

A lucky escape from a truck incident. - henry k
www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-12261124
 A lucky escape from a truck incident. - Badwolf
Criminy! I'll bet he needed some industrial strength upholstery cleaner after that...
 A lucky escape from a truck incident. - Zero
why does the screen crack (top r/h corner) in some shots and not others?

The guy in front of him was the real lucky one.
 A lucky escape from a truck incident. - captain chaos
Those cameras mounted on the dash for insurance purposes are an excellent idea. Sadly, it couldn't be done here. Your car gets broken into if you leave sucker marks on the screen from the sat nav mount. Also, your insurance premium would increase as they would class it as a modification...
 A lucky escape from a truck incident. - John H
>> the screen from the sat nav mount. Also, your insurance premium would increase as they
>> would class it as a modification...
>>

Which insurance company told you that?
 A lucky escape from a truck incident. - captain chaos

>> Which insurance company told you that?

Forgot to add the smiley. I really wouldn't be surprised though. Some class sat nav as a modification, apparantly.
 A lucky escape from a truck incident. - John H
>> why does the screen crack (top r/h corner) in some shots and not others?
>>

Looks to me as if views are from two different angles/cameras.
 A lucky escape from a truck incident. - Injection Doc
Captain chaos, I have four cars with camera's fitted and they are tucked up out the way above the mirror and are not visable from the outside. They are brilliant and wont drive without one!
Zero, not sure if its a crack or just water ! me thinks it might be a streak of water . That guy was seriously lucky, quick thinking on his behalf as its quite easy to freeze momentairily in a situation like that from sheer disbelief!
Bet he needed a diper change ! might be worth him doing the lottery though!
captain chaos

This is how discreet they are, tucked under the top tint.
you will need to click on pic to enlarge

s739.photobucket.com/albums/xx33/injectiondoc/roadhawk/?action=view¤t=roadhawkfitted.jpg

This one is when I was in the states on way from Lake tahoe to San Fransisco, you will see how its lists time and date & GPS location and the view from SUV was good.

s739.photobucket.com/albums/xx33/injectiondoc/?action=view¤t=notrafficonfreeway.jpg
 A lucky escape from a truck incident. - Stuartli
I went through a very similar incident on the M6 going to Manchester airport in the mid-1990s, when a truck coming the other way jackknifed and the cab section went through the central reservation right into the outside lane.

By some miracle I managed to swerve round it (at around 80mph) having just overtaken a couple of cars and, as I did so, saw and heard various cars and vans in the other carriageway crashing into each other.

The whole area was gridlocked for hours afterwards and traffic was only just beginning to flow again on my return trip. Often thought since that if I'd been a second or two later arriving at that spot......
Latest Forum Posts