Motoring Discussion > Mitsubishi 8-yr warranty in Sweden Miscellaneous
Thread Author: movilogo Replies: 8

Mitsubishi 8-yr warranty in Sweden - movilogo
www.mitsubishimotors.se/Sweden/%C3%84ga-och-K%C3%B6pa/8-ars-nybilsgaranti.aspx

English translation reads [via Google translation]
8 years of Mitsubishi Motors Guarantee

The Mitsubishi stand for high quality has long been well known to us who are familiar with the brand. Now we think it is time that more people are out there. Therefore, we have from the end of 2011 introduced an 8-year warranty on all new Mitsubishi cars sold in Sweden.

Concretely, this means that we extend the ordinary three-year new car with a 5-year warranty on mechanical components. The warranty covers all cars used for private purposes in eight years or a maximum of 15000 mil, and follows the car. You can sell the car after three years and then the new owner to benefit from the guarantee for another 5 years.

The extended warranty does not affect the price but is entirely a commitment from us that sells Mitsubishi in Sweden. For you it means more trouble-free mil and a higher resale value.

Last edited by: movilogo on Sun 23 Jan 11 at 22:08
 Mitsubishi 8-yr warranty in Sweden - Old Navy
I saw this mentioned on another forum today.
 Mitsubishi 8-yr warranty in Sweden - Dave_
My 2001 Skoda came with an unlimited mileage 3-year warranty and I used it as a minicab, covering 100,000 miles per year.

I saw a document at the dealer which gave expected mileages for major components, after which warranty claims would not be honoured. Gearboxes were expected to last for 240,000 miles, alternators 180,000 miles, starter motors 110,000 miles - that sort of thing. I would imagine there are similar clauses in the above agreement.
 Mitsubishi 8-yr warranty in Sweden - R.P.
Read somewhere (BBC I think) that Vauxhall are extending their Lifetime Warranty to their Network Q cars.
 Mitsubishi 8-yr warranty in Sweden - Auntie Lockbrakes
I reckon it's all just Marketing spin, and to keep the car/brand competitive in whichever market they are in. Mitsubishi do a 10-year guarantee here in NZ!

Perversely, you guys in the UK get a 7-year warranty on KIAs, but it's only 5-year/100,000km out here.
 Mitsubishi 8-yr warranty in Sweden - VxFan
>> Read somewhere (BBC I think) that Vauxhall are extending their Lifetime Warranty to their Network Q cars.

Advert on TV the other night. Applies to 2nd owner only and cars under 1 yrs old and with less than 30,000 miles.

Also mentioned on Net-Q's website surprisingly

www.networkq.co.uk/lifetime-warranty/

Mitsubishi 8-yr warranty in Sweden - Bill Payer
Hmm...extended warranty would be nice on our nearly 4 year old Mitsubishi Colt - it's been making a loud metallic squeal on start-up and a strange hammering / knocking noise (like piston slap, but I suspect an issue with the Mivec valve system) since the weather turned cold.
Last edited by: Bill Payer on Mon 24 Jan 11 at 09:17
 Mitsubishi 8-yr warranty in Sweden - sherlock47
>>it's been making a loud metallic squeal on start-up and a strange hammering <<<

not a failure - just a characteristic!
 Mitsubishi 8-yr warranty in Sweden - Dave
There's a bit of a 'warranty war' going on here (Sweden) at the moment. Until very recently eveything just had the EU minimum 2 years. Then along came the Koreans. Now Renault have just upped theirs to 5 years, GM is now 5 years also.

But used car warranties are still dire. There's very few manufacturer backed schemes - just aftermarket ones.

BTW, 1 swedish mile is 10km. For some reason road signs are in km, but people will quote miles to somewhere. Mileometers are in kms, but a car dealer will quote how many (Swedish) miles the car has done.
Latest Forum Posts