Motoring Discussion > Trader fined for selling clocked ex cop cars Miscellaneous
Thread Author: RattleandSmoke Replies: 8

Trader fined for selling clocked ex cop cars - RattleandSmoke
I actually went to see a car there, a 54 plate Astra which had done 100k I remember a few comments at the time when I made a thread on HJ about it that people thought the milleage was too low.

I said it was probably not being used as a panda car but when I went to see it it was clearly an ex MET car with all the usual holes in it.

All the advise at the time on HJ is don't touch it with a barge pole, I still went to see the car and when I saw it everything that people said suddenly became true.

tinyurl.com/68kf6f2 link shortened to manageable proportions

This is the second Stockport car dealer caught for this in the past few months, their trading standards must be doing a good job.
Last edited by: VxFan on Fri 4 Feb 11 at 13:22
 Trader fined for selling clocked ex cop cars - nyx2k
The court heard that King, of Tarvin Road, Cheadle, had failed to carry out proper checks on both vehicles to establish whether the mileage was correct before putting them up for sale.

There is no suggestion he was involved in actually clocking the cars.

guilty by ommision
 Trader fined for selling clocked ex cop cars - bathtub tom
"King had been sold the BMW by his brother who had bought it from a police auction."

No further comment!
 Trader fined for selling clocked ex cop cars - RattleandSmoke
I assume he buys the cars directly from police auctions rather than from Dave down the Crown so I wonder where they did get clocked, I doubt the police do it.

I suppose it is possible they needed new instrunment panels due to accident damage and that is why the milleage is incorect.

Trader fined for selling clocked ex cop cars - Bellboy
He was fined £750 and ordered to pay costs of £1,515.
><
>>> big deterrant that isnt it
must be the complete profit on one sale
 Trader fined for selling clocked ex cop cars - Lygonos
Very lucky man.

If TS had been able to show he had done the clocking he'd likely be serving a stretch now.
>> Very lucky man.
>>
>> If TS had been able to show he had done the clocking he'd likely be
>> serving a stretch now.
>>
>> TS should have tried dammed harder
 Trader fined for selling clocked ex cop cars - Bigtee
Here i go can of worms time. :-)

How is it done clocking a vauxhall astra?

Can it be done with Tech 2 those discs in the lap top or with a code reader from e bay?

No im not doing it, NO IT'S ILLEGAL.

But seen it done on a motoring program where they knocked 80k off a jag just to show how it can be done.

The ECU will let it be done but does it not show a code that it's been clocked?
i spent an hour this morning looking for a scan tool for fiats and the amount of stuff that came up for car clocking is just frightening
alibaba.com is just one sight but theres loads in eastern europe doing everything and anything but can i find a cheap tool to reset a fiat airbag?

no
Latest Forum Posts