Motoring Discussion > Which two vehicle would you like to see collide? Miscellaneous
Thread Author: SteelSpark Replies: 36

Which two vehicle would you like to see collide? - SteelSpark
I was personally a little underwhelmed by the video that I linked to last night showing a new Chevy hitting an old one in a crash test. I expected to see much more damage.

Which two vehicles would you like to see test crashed into each other? (assume that they could then be magically repaired, so that no classic cars are actually destroyed)
 Which two vehicle would you like to see collide? - BiggerBadderDave
Lexus LS430 and a Focus CC
 Which two vehicle would you like to see collide? - Tooslow
Can I squeeze a little Messerschmitt between the two?
John
 Which two vehicle would you like to see collide? - Bigtee
2x trains one with the prime minister on and the other with my ex.
 Which two vehicle would you like to see collide? - Iffy
...Lexus LS430 and a Focus CC...

No worries.

Any Lexus in Poland is bound to be a stolen recovered dodgy cut'n'shut which will explode into a thousand pieces at the slightest impact.

I'll even take my hood down.

Which two vehicle would you like to see collide? - Alanovich
I'd like to see a Toyota Landcruiser Amazon hit by a 40 ton truck. Or a Range Rover. Or a Chevrolet Suburban.
 Which two vehicle would you like to see collide? - Armel Coussine
A civilian Hummer and a Cadillac Escalade. Both strangely flimsy-looking despite the effort to make them look tough.
Ha. Good call, AC.
 Which two vehicle would you like to see collide? - Hard Cheese

A Sangyong Rhodius (or what ever the ugly bugly is called) hit by another Sangyong Rhodius ... that should get rid of two of them.

Which two vehicle would you like to see collide? - RattleandSmoke
I would be interested to see how well the Panda copes with being crashed into an early 90's rep mobile such as a chavalier.

I would also want to see a Morris Minor being crashed into a double decker bus at 10mph.
 Which two vehicle would you like to see collide? - Dave_
>> I would be interested to see how well the Panda copes with being crashed into an early 90's rep mobile

Fifth gear did a Renault Modus into a Volvo 940 estate:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=qBDyeWofcLY

Eye-opening stuff.
 Which two vehicle would you like to see collide? - RattleandSmoke
I remember that but a lot of it is all due to the way the energy is transfered. The Volvo really only has mass on its side.

Which two vehicle would you like to see collide? - overthehill
Anything with Jordan in it crashing into any other vehicle with another dummy in it
 Which two vehicle would you like to see collide? - AshT
>> I would also want to see a Morris Minor being crashed into a double decker
>> bus at 10mph.
>>
I was in a Minor that ran into a drystone wall having left the road at about 40mph. The wall was pretty well demolished, the only injury sustained was me shutting the door on my hand as I got out.
 Which two vehicle would you like to see collide? - Victorbox
>> I would be interested to see how well the Panda copes with being crashed into
>> an early 90's rep mobile such as a chavalier.

Must be Vauxhall's French model.......
 Which two vehicle would you like to see collide? - Dave_
>> I'd like to see a Toyota Landcruiser Amazon hit by a 40 ton truck. Or a Range Rover. Or a Chevrolet Suburban.

I suspect *anything* hit by a 40 ton truck would react in much the same way as the 2CV in this (very old) clip:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=GPpLsQBIa-s
 Which two vehicle would you like to see collide? - Netsur
As much as I would love to drive a 2CV I think that clip has put me off.
 Which two vehicle would you like to see collide? - Tooslow
Espada, I thought you had more sense! I knew someone who had a 2Cv for a year or so. He reckoned the front wings flapped in the breeze as he drove along eventually leading to metal fatigue and you could see the road rushing (well, relatively) past through the gap between the door and the body.

Death traps, leave the French to drive them.

John
 Which two vehicle would you like to see collide? - Lygonos
H2O vs Scrote Estate

Aww, it's been done - www.youtube.com/watch?v=FM9FeEgI0Eo
 Which two vehicle would you like to see collide? - NeilS
Kerry Katona and Posh Spice. And if one of their cars inadvertently and innocently smacked into the ex's car as a result, nothing serious just lots of superficial damage, well that would be a result!

>> Death traps, leave the French to drive them.

You equate being too wimpish to go in a 2CV with having sense do you Tooslow?

I've never understood this obsession with passive safety (which has made modern cars so fat, unnecessarily thirsty and slow and too damn expensive for little reason). You take your life in your hands when you get out of bed in the morning, let alone when you drive a car on a road populated with unknown quantities. Too obsessed with the sacredness of your little pink bums (and those of your children) to even think of doing anything amusing or having any fun or weighing one thing against another. You allow yourselves to be ruled by the delusion of safety, and the car makers giggle all the way to the bank.

And don't give me any carp about how you used to be drag racers. I am shocked and disappointed both by you and Espada (who I thought had more sense).

Tchah!
 Which two vehicle would you like to see collide? - bathtub tom
Some of us ride push-bikes!
 Which two vehicle would you like to see collide? - Skoda
2 main battle tanks flat out
AC, no disresect intended but that's a much easier attitude to have towards the end of one's natural, I'd imagine.
>> no disresect intended but that's a much easier attitude to have towards the end of one's natural, I'd imagine.

It's always been my attitude though.
Then you can count yourself lucky that you're still here.

There's nothing wrong with being cautious and mitigating your risks, appetite for risk varies wildly within the human population, probably for very good evolutionary reasons I expect. You are very risk tolerant, I'm not. Comes from bitter experience in my case.

There's no need to take the mick out of people who want to decrease the risk of being killed on the roads, after all the statistics prove quite conclusively that since road safety was taken much more seriously, far fewer people are being killed on the roads, despite ever increasing traffic volumes.

I'm willing to bet that, despite your admiration of the 2CV, you wouldn't swap your Bruiser for one.

I used to own a 2CV myself and loved it, but I'm not sure I'd want to own one now, given the amount of ladder chassied monoliths being flung around by what appear to be semi blind, death wish fetishist gnomes these days. The thought of being hit in my 2CV by a Chevette wasn't that scary, but when you're sat in something like that at the traffic lights staring at the tyres of some shiny "Warrior" or other, well.........

Your approach is similar to that held by the handful of 90 year old smokers - never did me any harm! Maybe so, but they were just lucky. It certainly harmed all 4 of my grandparents who died young of smoking related illnesses.

Which two vehicle would you like to see collide? - SteelSpark
>> AC, no disresect intended but that's a much easier attitude to have towards the end
>> of one's natural, I'd imagine.

I imagine the opposite might be true. It seems to me that people go from being fearless in youth, to having increasingly more fear as they get older.

You don't get many 80 year olds doing 150 mph on a bike down the motorway, when they actually have a lot less to lose.

I guess nobody expects to die tomorrow, and people cling onto whatever they have remaining (once they actually stop feeling invincible).
Yes, SS has it right: one becomes more not less physically timid with age. One becomes aware of one's increasing stiffness in the joints and fragility in the bones. The thought of a scuffle with a yobbo becomes even more alarming than it always was.

Nevertheless: it never looked to me as if a life-threatening crash was a high probability, and it still doesn't. One has after all one's own experience and cunning to avoid potential crash situations and in the event to do the right thing to minimise damage and risk. Most other people on the road are in a similar position, and it's a safe bet that they too don't want the hassle, expense and possible injury and legal knock-on effects of a crash.

It can happen, obviously. It can happen to anyone, the technical director of the IAM in his motor with crumple zones, sixteen airbags and that thing that takes over the driving when it thinks you are being a prat and have overcooked it. It's just that the probability never looked high enough to me to put me off driving 'deathtraps'. Some of the best cars are deathtraps.

The unfortunate Robert Kubica undoubtedly got his injuries the other day in a car with state-of-the-art driver/passenger protection: impregnable steel roll cage, racing seat bolted to floor, five point racing harness, helmet, nomex, the lot. But a bit of armco was at the wrong angle so...
 Which two vehicle would you like to see collide? - Robin O'Reliant

>> You equate being too wimpish to go in a 2CV with having sense do you
>> Tooslow?
>>
>> I've never understood this obsession with passive safety (which has made modern cars so fat,
>> unnecessarily thirsty and slow and too damn expensive for little reason). You take your life
>> in your hands when you get out of bed in the morning, let alone when
>> you drive a car on a road populated with unknown quantities. Too obsessed with the
>> sacredness of your little pink bums (and those of your children) to even think of
>> doing anything amusing or having any fun or weighing one thing against another. You allow
>> yourselves to be ruled by the delusion of safety, and the car makers giggle all
>> the way to the bank.
>>
I like the way you think, AC.

A salute from the veteran of many a discussion (screaming match) on those "A Helmet Saved My Life" threads that appear on cycling forums.
>> I suspect *anything* hit by a 40 ton truck would react in much the same
>> way as the 2CV in this (very old) clip:

Blimey.

Slight aside, but I simply can't place the three cars in front of the CV and behind the Granada and Beetle - the green, red and black ones. Green looks like a Mk1 Polo but not quite. The other two I have no clue about, which is quite shocking to a car bore such as myself.
 Which two vehicle would you like to see collide? - Hard Cheese

>> but I simply can't place the three cars in front of the CV and behind the Granada and Beetle - the green, red and black ones. Green looks
>> like a Mk1 Polo but not quite.
>>

I think the green one is a Polo, the red one could be a Chrysler/Talbot Alpine, the black one is not clear.

>> the red one could be a Chrysler/Talbot
>> Alpine, the black one is not clear.

Hmm, even before it's hit it doesn't look long enough to be an Alpine. Doesn't look like a Horizon either.

Is it some kind of Simca I've forgotten about perhaps?
 Which two vehicle would you like to see collide? - Fenlander
The green one is 100% sure to be a Polo. The red one did look like a small Talbot/Simca/Yugo type thing.
Hmm, the black one has a bit of the Yugos about it. 5 door 511?
 Which two vehicle would you like to see collide? - Iffy
Might as well be the Simca as any other, as we used to say.

It was funny then, we thought so, anyway.

Which two vehicle would you like to see collide? - TheManWithNoName
I'd like to see a Maybach and a RR Phantom go head to head. Classy.

Or

A Koenigseggsnbeans vs a Pagani Zonda at maximum speed. All that carbon fibre, luvverly.
 Which two vehicle would you like to see collide? - madf
I'd like to see two cars driven by giant egos collide: Clarkson and Johnathan Ross would be a good start.
Latest Forum Posts