Motoring Discussion > When washing your car.... Miscellaneous
Thread Author: VxFan Replies: 39

When washing your car.... - VxFan
make sure it's clean inside and out.

www.sol.no/klipps/video/hva_er_det_denne_dama_holder_pa_med

Just been pointed out to me that there is other content on the above website that may not be suitable for family viewing. Navigate around other parts of that site at your own risk
Last edited by: VxFan on Mon 28 Feb 11 at 01:40
 When washing your car.... - Fullchat
Now that's what I call 'detailing'!
 When washing your car.... - -
That's what i call barking.
 When washing your car.... - Bellboy
seen that before
in fact it was the way to clean cars before computers and airbags in the dash
just point squirt and make a few screwdriver holes in the floor to let the water out

simples

i miss those days :-(
 When washing your car.... - Dave_
>> seen that before
>> in fact it was the way to clean cars before computers and airbags in the dash
>> just point squirt

I knew a trader who used to do exactly this. Pick a nice warm day, open the doors and hatch and give it a good going over - then leave it with the doors open in the sun for the rest of the day.

Am I seeing things, or does the lady in the link also wash the contents of the car's boot?
Last edited by: Dave_TD {P} on Sat 26 Feb 11 at 22:35
 When washing your car.... - Tooslow
She was quite deliberate about it. Makes you wonder what happened in there. But I think she's a lazy so 'n so. That would only move the sick around.

John
 When washing your car.... - rtj70
Sat in a queue for a hand type car wash in Manchester. A younger member of staff starts to clean a Mk III Fiesta in front. And opens the doors and washes the inside with the pressure hose. To this day I don't know why he did it - and was he told to.
 When washing your car.... - Armel Coussine
Gotta clean mine tomorrow, common courtesy to the mechanic because there are a couple of tiresome bodyish jobs.

It's coated with the winter's mud and salt gone hard, with many bramble-slashes through it (and the paint too sometimes I shouldn't wonder). Of course rain has washed some of it off in the meantime, and water-filled potholes may have helped wash some crud off the wheel arches. But there's a nasty accretion there, and it's a long damp tiring job for an old boy like me. Stu is far too far away and expensive and would probably need an appointment arranged a week in advance.

Probably ought to vacuum the inside too.

Oh God....
AC proper man
respect
i had to do the wifes car today
3 months of mud on it
i persevered because i love her
anybody else would get cold shrift
if they cant wash their cars before they expect their servant to check it then they deserve shafting
end of
 When washing your car.... - Ted

If it's sunny tomorrow, I might take them both through the car wash ( not together ) and let the brushes thrash the muck off them....£1.99 each and as many swirls as they can leave you with......bargain.

I was charged last week by the Tedess with the task of checking her tyre pressures and various other things on the Note. Gawd, what does she want, I've kicked the tyres twice this Winter and they seem hard.

I do need to do a filter and oil change on both cars. I've got everything in stock so it's just the case of getting a warmish , dry day. Up on the ramps, nice piece of carpet and possibly take a little nap under there !

Ted
luxury.......
just remember when you grease the brake pipe ends you dont get any on the brake rubber hoses :-)

Grease the brake pipe ends ? Are you mad Sir ?

I'd sooner trade the car in !

Ted
 When washing your car.... - Zero
I only wash the car when the dirt starts to wipe up my chinos as I climb in, or its impossible to see through the side windows.
 When washing your car.... - Runfer D'Hills
Chinos?? Jeez. You need help ! Email me through the mods before it's too late.

:-)
retired mans uniform...
I thought it was jeans and a fleece.

H is having apoplexy :-)

John
I can't think why Zero is coming on with this namby-pamby stuff about a bit of dried beige road filth on his beige Chinos. He must know that the whole point of dressing in beige is that you can just dust the dried beige mud off, and that that way those hard-wearing, unpretentious beige strides can be worn for a year or more before becoming less beige and having to be washed. And that counts with retired folk in beige like Zero, who have to count the pennies.

Beige... you know it makes sense.

Beige... yeah.
Last edited by: Armel Coussine on Sun 27 Feb 11 at 14:02
 When washing your car.... - Skoda
Haha genius.

When i was younger i used to get pocket money for cleaning the tractors on a local farm. I'd have paid them to do it, anything to avoid helping my mum and sitting up high in the driving seat of a fancy new tractor is hard to beat for a young lad :-) The older ones weren't brushed out by me though, they were pressure hosed inside by the farmer's son.

When i'm being lazy i pressure wash the door shuts. That takes skill to avoid water going inside the car. Gets the neighbours curtains twitching too :-)
Moved to wonder if that was her husband's / boyfriend's car and she felt he'd done something to deserve it....
 When washing your car.... - DP
Went outside, under largely blue skies, to do mine yesterday. Got as far as the first hose down / wash to get off the bulk of the crud, and the sky went black. By the time I'd done the shampoo, lets just say I didn't need to rinse off with the hose, and I was as sodden as the car.
Got up this morning and it still looked surprisingly good. Blue sky again. Got the AutoGlym and cloths out. Made a cuppa. Got outside the front door and it was spotting with rain again.
Complete waste of time in this country at this time of year.
 When washing your car.... - Iffy
I sometimes wash the car in the rain to avoid having to use a leather.

When washing your car.... - Slidingpillar
As I'm in a hard water area (wanna fight?) I always try and do this!
 When washing your car.... - Clk Sec
>>I only wash the car when the dirt starts to wipe up my chinos
>>Chinos?? Jeez. You need help !
>>retired mans uniform...

I like chinos. They can look better than jeans on those of us of a certain age, and, whats more, they're comfortable.

Cheap as chips, too.
Gentlemen please, enough !

You should be careful, you'll be favouring corduroy next you know, it's only a matter of time. Then it will be too late. No way back from there. You'd have to move house.
...you'll be favouring corduroy next you know...

Did somebody call?

When washing your car.... - Clk Sec
>>Did somebody call?

No; we haven't got to cavalry twill yet.
 When washing your car.... - BiggerBadderDave
Leather elbow patches on a corduroy jacket Iffy?
...Leather elbow patches on a corduroy jacket Iffy?...

PVC - I can only dream of leather.

When washing your car.... - -
Ah men of taste, Tweed jacket, cord trouser, decent leather brogue boots...colourful cravate adds that dash of flamboyant devil may care.

Can't be doing with poncy modern fashions.
Last edited by: gordonbennet on Sun 27 Feb 11 at 14:35
Yet another strange thing. Has anyone else ever noticed that there is a higher propensity for the wearers of corduroy garments to have raging halitosis? Sometimes the trouser only wearers are exempt but the corduroy jacket adopters almost always have breath which could stop a charging rhino.

Not sure why.

Beige, of course, is the choice of a true gentleman....in the trouser department it does mask those little accidents coused by the excitement of looking over the latest Micra down at the dealers...........Not that I.........etc.

Ted
>> Beige, of course, is the choice of a true gentleman....in the trouser department

Don't say things like that Ted. Zero will dissolve into a puddle of pure spraunce... he'll be unbearable, cleaning his fingernails on his lapel, winking, chucking his coat in puddles in front of overblown blondes, growing a bushy little moustache to stroke with his finger while ogling underage girls and barking ambiguous compliments... It's a Pandora's box. Refugees will be flooding out of the home counties in no time.
Oh I saaaaa-aaaay
Trilby or flat cap?

John
Well, I washed the thing. Goodness that winter filth sticks like anything. Found a hose, hosed it, sponged it down with wax shampoo, hosed it again, went round doing the bits I'd missed, hosed it off again, 'leathered' it more or less dry (it was drizzling most of the time) with a tight git's synthetic leather, went round once again getting the filth out from between the letters of the little chrome words scrawled all over the thing... It doesn't look very clean but then nothing does in this weather. Took about an hour. I'm knackered.

The worst thing for people my age is crouching or bending down. Please don't start a storm of teasing because I'm not alone in this. Oh all right, go ahead if you want. But the difficulty of getting that black stuff off alloys is a special problem. I think I will start another thread on that.
I spotted a long brush thing in Halfords today which you can attach to the end of your hose. Might have bought it but decided I wasn't old enough strangely...

:-)
Last edited by: Humph D'Bout on Sun 27 Feb 11 at 17:11
 When washing your car.... - BiggerBadderDave
I've really got to wash mine tomorrow. It has an all-over granite texture at the moment.
 When washing your car.... - Old Navy
>> The worst thing for people my age is crouching or bending down. Please don't start
>> a storm of teasing because I'm not alone in this. Oh all right, go ahead
>> if you want. But the difficulty of getting that black stuff off alloys is a
>> special problem. I think I will start another thread on that.
>>

Just get a box to sit on, it makes wheel cleaning a lot easier. I have seen my elderly neighbours using them, I have not reached that level of decrepitude yet. :-)
 When washing your car.... - scousehonda
Has anybody had a look at one of the other videos on VxFan's original post - the one headed 'litt laus mage?'. Pretty disgusting, even for a scouser to look at just before Sunday lunch.
 When washing your car.... - VxFan
Well spotted scousehonda. I'll edit in a note at the start of this thread to use caution when viewing other content on that site.
Latest Forum Posts