Motoring Discussion > E-Type Greatest Ever Road Test Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Zero Replies: 6

E-Type Greatest Ever Road Test - Zero
The iconic Jaguar E-type has turned heads and captured hearts for the past 50 years. Today it has been named by Autocar as its greatest ever road test in the week that the magazine celebrates its landmark 5000th road test. In awarding the honour, the Autocar test team cited the Jaguar E-type's dynamics, effortless power and timeless design among the chief reasons for its win.

www.carpages.co.uk/jaguar/jaguar-e-type-02-03-11.asp

www.autocar.co.uk/CarReviews/RoadTestsHistory/Jaguar-E-type-5.3-V12/230706/

Discuss.
 E-Type Greatest Ever Road Test - Fenlander
Remember the exact same model/colour new V12 in a midlands dealership at the time (late 1972?) F senior was buying a new Triumph 2.5PI estate. I seem to remember they were trying to punt the E-Type at just a little over £2500 as no-one wanted them.
Last edited by: Fenlander on Wed 2 Mar 11 at 11:42
 E-Type Greatest Ever Road Test - Boxsterboy
Yes, I was surprised to see the E-type voted the "Most significant road test of all time". Nice shape, but that's about it, in my book.

But I was more surprised to see the original Smart Car "in at no. 24, pop-pickers", ahead of the Lotus Elise, Sierra Cosworth, Jag XJ6, Citroen DS, to name but a few.

E-Type Greatest Ever Road Test - TheManWithNoName
Preety car

E-Type Greatest Ever Road Test - Fenlander
Just to correct... when I said no-one wanted them I was referring to the V12 in the 70s era of the fuel rationing crisis. My thoughts of a classic are more modest than an E-type but I'd not say no to one if funds were available.
 E-Type Greatest Ever Road Test - NortonES2
No.1 in the road test sequence was the 3.8 6-cylinder car. With a bit of a make-over: somewhat like the engine of the D-type it says! According to the test by my side. The Motor test of the 2+2 E type in 1966 only achieved 136 (mean of opposite runs) using an engine of equal power, apparently.
 E-Type Greatest Ever Road Test - Bellboy
www.car4play.com/forum/post/index.htm?f=2&t=5041
Latest Forum Posts