Motoring Discussion > DVLA record wrong Miscellaneous
Thread Author: apm Replies: 2

DVLA record wrong - apm
So we have this nice new E220 estate. Lovely it is. Smooth to drive, lovely ride, great levels of kit.

Anyway, Insurance is due, and looking at the meerkat and getting quotes.

Long story short, the DVLA record (that popluates the autofill when you enter the reg number online) has the car as a manual. It's an auto.

DVLA can't alter without a letter from MB. MB have an online form you can fill in. This only, however, has fields for the categories that appear on the V5C. I've looked, but I can't see gearbox on there.

Anyway, I've left a message with the guy at the dealer we bough from. It was an authorised merc dealer, so figure up to them to sort.

So, anyone else heard of this? I always assumed that the gearbox type would be on the V5C, but I can't see it.

Not really important, but good to have right.

Also, I can't believe that an auto is 14% more expensive than manual. Any thoughts?

Cheers all,

Alex.

DVLA record wrong - Zero
Hmmmm

I would be tempted to pay for an HPI check, and a good look at the engine and vin numbers...
Last edited by: Zero on Fri 11 Mar 11 at 13:55
 DVLA record wrong - Iffy
...I would be tempted to pay for an HPI check, and a good look at the engine and vin numbers...

Yes, feint whiff of rodent here, although it's probably a simple clerical error.

My old five-door Focus always came up as a three-door when you entered the reg number.

I bought the car as a pre-reg with 12 miles on the clock, so never bothered to contact the DVLA.

If you do go for a HPI check, go direct to their website and pay the full price.

I believe some other affiliated sites offer cheaper HPI, but it's a pared down 'HPI-lite' check.

Latest Forum Posts