Motoring Discussion > Well Avant, did you get your car? Buying / Selling
Thread Author: Skoda Replies: 2

Well Avant, did you get your car? - Skoda
I remember in the last thread, you were due to pick it up today? Is it an estate or a saloon?

Well Avant, did you get your car? - Avant
Great minds think alike - I had just come on here and was looking for the original thread - thanks for saving the trouble!

Yes, I picked up my new Octavia vRS estate this morning from Jewsons of Oxford: factory build and 12 weeks, exactly as they said. I see yet another thread on here, and another currently on HJ, bemoaning don't-care attitudes among sales staff: all I can say is, go and look in a Skoda dealer. Jesons are excellent but there are plenty of other family-owned businesses selling Skodas. (Of course, 'family-owned' is the key.)

The car itself - so far so very good, although I've only done 60 miles in it. This is a petrol DSG replacing a diesel manual - similar list price but as I mentioned before, £80 per month less. Very quiet and smooth, but although it's new and tight I can feel the lively, torquey engine which this is (very similar to the Golf GTI). It feels quite similar to the lovely straight-six in my old BMW Z3.

I'm still exploring the maxidot computer which for some unfathomable reason is standard on the vRS with DSG but unobtainable on the manual. I have managed to find how to show the temperature in degrees Fahrenheit - Hurray!

Anyway many thanks for asking - I hope all's well with yours.
 Well Avant, did you get your car? - Skoda
Haha :-) Glad to hear it.

I had maxidot on my manual, it's the steering wheel controls you can't get :( which is madness! Someone else's battle now that i have them on the DSG! :-)

p.s. First mod? The £5 red springs for the automatic boot opening trick -- briskoda.net/forums/topic/164486-automatic-boot-completed/
Latest Forum Posts