Motoring Discussion > Ron Dennis has got nothing on me. Miscellaneous
Thread Author: midlifecrisis Replies: 4

Ron Dennis has got nothing on me. - midlifecrisis
By close of play tomorrow I will be co-owner of a racing team. Ok! It will be a modest racing team. In fact, it will be four drinking buddies going to auction to buy a car that they will tinker with and indulge in track days and the odd race. An initial outlay of a few hundred pounds each, many hours of enjoyment and spinning off a circuit.

We've all got to start somewhere!
 Ron Dennis has got nothing on me. - swiss tony
At least you have still got your driving licence!

www.newcarnet.co.uk/McLaren_news.html?id=11176
 Ron Dennis has got nothing on me. - Zero
Now I would have thought stripping everything out of the A5 down to the shell, (everything mind no carpets) installing a roll cage, slipping in a racing seat and harness, and putting a hot chip in would have been the way to go. Sure you mates would chip in a couple of hundred for the mods.

DO let us know what the auctions turn up.
Last edited by: Zero on Thu 17 Mar 11 at 08:20
 Ron Dennis has got nothing on me. - DP
I saw an advert recently for a genuinely immaculate mk2 Jetta GTI. 91k on the clock, totally original, £895 ono.

I saw an ad on eBay for a 91,000 mile VW 1.8T AGU engine on a Buy It Now for £395.

Had a daydream where the two met, and I had a cheap and pretty handy trackday tool / sleeper in the garage.

Then I remembered Mrs. DP's reaction a few years ago when I came home from a Sunday browse at the local bike dealer, with a Kawasaki ZX7R. :-(
 Ron Dennis has got nothing on me. - Skoda
Nice! Be interested to know what you pick up and how you all get on!
Latest Forum Posts