Motoring Discussion > FIAT 500 - New car for grandson Buying / Selling
Thread Author: Arctophile Replies: 5

FIAT 500 - New car for grandson - Arctophile
Like others before me I have debated the wisdom of buying a car for my child – or in this case grandchild.

After due consideration I have just purchased a brand new FIAT 500 for my grandson. The car has just been delivered. It was bought, via EBAY, sight unseen, from a FIAT main dealer in Northants.

The excellent EBAY deal that I achieved can be seen here:-

tinyurl.com/5t24mff

My grandson is too young to drive it at the moment so the FIAT will sit in my garage for a couple of months until he is ready. Tax and insurance will not be a problem.

Interesting points are that the car is a 500L model made in Italy – not Poland. It was delivered on Italian plates - I probably wont bother changing them. I also hadn't realised previously that FIAT 500s have a plastic body over a steel spaceframe chassis.

:-)
 FIAT 500 - New car for grandson - R.P.
Can you get it in matt black ?
 FIAT 500 - New car for grandson - Dog
(hehe!) - you had me going for a minute, if you did indeed buy the car from that ebay seller, you're very brave because I would never buy from anyone with a feedback rating of 97%.
 FIAT 500 - New car for grandson - Boxsterboy
You were done. That's the old air-cooled model - must have been standing around for years!
 FIAT 500 - New car for grandson - Zero
How many times must I tell you people, it looks better in cream white with il Tricolore coach lines.
Last edited by: Zero on Wed 23 Mar 11 at 12:09
 FIAT 500 - New car for grandson - -
Lovely motor that, lucky kid...top man Arcto.

Had me going too, i could feel a he'll never appreciate it rant coming on..;)

Rockingham cars nice people to do business with for bigger stuff too (Mazda as well as Fiat), never heard a bad word about them, the gaffer there works all hours, has waited many times till 7pm to recieve truckloads of new cars from docks...not for their benefit directly but to help us out (us being the local depot of the main carrier) by getting rid of the load same day...which in turn meant we'd bend over backwards to help them out too, and did.
Latest Forum Posts