Motoring Discussion > Earthquake or no earthquake, the Japanese .. Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Stuartli Replies: 17

Earthquake or no earthquake, the Japanese .. - Stuartli
...show how it's done:

tinyurl.com/684slcd

An object lesson to my local Metropolitan Council, which has only just got around to repairing some of the larger road potholes in my town.
 Earthquake or no earthquake, the Japanese .. - Pat
That simply has to be untrue...it's a Daily Mail story.

Pat
 Earthquake or no earthquake, the Japanese .. - Focusless
I saw the comment at the bottom saying the picture had been taken from a different place such that it wouldn't show the damaged area, but I think the comment is wrong. Looks genuine, but difficult to prove I suppose.

(I realise your comment was tongue in cheek Pat.)

EDIT: more comments added saying picture taken from roughly same place
Last edited by: Focus on Thu 24 Mar 11 at 10:44
At last, someone understands me:)

Pat
 Earthquake or no earthquake, the Japanese .. - Alanovich
I congratulate the Daily Mail on bringing this wonderful good news story to our attention.

Now, I'll have a look for all the similar stories they must be publishing about our country.

I may be some time.

And Pat, don't start on me again for this - as usual I am responding to people mentioning the Mail, rather than mentioning it myself.
 Earthquake or no earthquake, the Japanese .. - John H
>> And Pat, don't start on me again for this -
>>

Be a man, Alanović.

>> Be a man

Oh do behave.
 Earthquake or no earthquake, the Japanese .. - tyro
You know, I am beginning to wonder if Alanović is in the pay of the Daily Mail, and that they have hired him in an extremely devious, subtle and clever scheme to encourage people to read their periodical.
Busted.
And I promice to treat you gently in future;)

Pat
 Earthquake or no earthquake, the Japanese .. - Skoda
I think this is real, it was one of 2 roads or something like that identified as absolutely critical to any recovery work at all, only roads in and out or something like that, special treatment.

Earthquake or no earthquake, the Japanese .. - BobbyG
245 people have posted comments on that story so far.

Why do they do this? Is it like a mini forum? Is it always the same people?
Are we, in effect, just doing the same here?
 Earthquake or no earthquake, the Japanese .. - Fenlander
Does this help with the truth of the story?

25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_li5n2kqOxV1qz6ygbo1_500.jpg
 Earthquake or no earthquake, the Japanese .. - Snakey
The 'before' picture is still better than some of the roads around here, which haven't been repaired since the 2009 bad winter! ;-)
 Earthquake or no earthquake, the Japanese .. - Zero
Why did they not stick traffic lights on it and make it single alternate carriageway?
 Earthquake or no earthquake, the Japanese .. - Mapmaker
>> Why did they not stick traffic lights on it and make it single alternate carriageway?
>>

Did you ever drive through East Germany before the wall came down or shortly after? The retreating Germans had blown up Hitler's motorway bridges and only one side was ever rebuilt.
>> The retreating Germans had blown up Hitler's motorway bridges and only one side was ever
>> rebuilt.

Not such a bad idea when you're going to limit to production of cars to 58 Trabants and 39 Wartburgs per annum. There aren't going to be any traffic jams. 8 year waiting lists, and we moan about waiting 4 months for a Golf TSi! ;-)
 Earthquake or no earthquake, the Japanese .. - crocks
This road in Derbyshire hasn't been fixed for years.
tinyurl.com/6dhtn7t
Latest Forum Posts