Motoring Discussion > Brittany Ferries - Portsmouth-Bilbao ferry Miscellaneous
Thread Author: henry k Replies: 8

Brittany Ferries - Portsmouth-Bilbao ferry - henry k
Brittany Ferries has taken over the Portsmouth to Bilbao route formerly operated by P&O which ended sailings in September

www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-hampshire-12873875
 Brittany Ferries - Portsmouth-Bilbao ferry - Mike Hannon
I hope it goes better than Brittany's re-introduction of the poor old Barfleur on the Poole-Cherbourg route. Prices as unreasonable as ever and like the Marie Celeste a couple of weeks ago.
 Brittany Ferries - Portsmouth-Bilbao ferry - ....
I think they are all fairly pricey at the moment Mike.

I looked at a Rotterdam - Hull return last week. We usually pay around £400-435 for a five berth cabin with mini-bar and TV. I was quoted almost £600 for a 4-berth inside cabin with none of the above. I then looked for August, the price was over £700.
Last edited by: gmac on Sun 27 Mar 11 at 18:12
 Brittany Ferries - Portsmouth-Bilbao ferry - Skoda
Ouch! How do they justify those prices, that seems off the scale for an overnight.
 Brittany Ferries - Portsmouth-Bilbao ferry - ....
They can keep it.
We'll drive to the Eurotunnel, 170€ return and two nights hotel stops for 130€ all in plus an extra tank of diesel (about 80€) for the miles.
The ferry prices did not include food so either way we still have to eat, at least on the road we have options.
Last edited by: gmac on Sun 27 Mar 11 at 21:18
 Brittany Ferries - Portsmouth-Bilbao ferry - hjd
DFDS Harwich/Esbjerg have a nice little rip off in school summer holidays, whereby foot passengers can't book; you have to have a vehicle or you don't travel. Will have to be the train instead for my daughter then!
 Brittany Ferries - Portsmouth-Bilbao ferry - lancara
When you factor in €70 or so tolls each way, hotel, plus an extra day's travel. the Brittany Ferries' Santander-Plymouth route makes sense
 Brittany Ferries - Portsmouth-Bilbao ferry - Perky Penguin
Fuel costs must be a factor; don't they use some variant of diesel?
 Brittany Ferries - Portsmouth-Bilbao ferry - Duncan
>>and like the Marie Celeste a couple of
>> weeks ago.
>>

What you mean, it was found drifting in the middle of the ocean, all aboard consumed by a sea monster?
Latest Forum Posts