Motoring Discussion > Bumper stickers. Miscellaneous
Thread Author: FotheringtonTomas Replies: 31

Bumper stickers. - FotheringtonTomas
A couple of days ago I noticed a car with a bumper sticker on it. The sticker looked like a Spanish "Toro de lidia". What's the significance? ISTR seeing a few of these around.

Have you seen any others which have meaning, rather than being decoration?
 Bumper stickers. - Woodster
I always fancied this on mine: ''Powered by Diesel -sponsored by the asthma society'.
 Bumper stickers. - bathtub tom
I'd rather be on two wheels.

Seen on the back of a family hatch with a female in the other front seat and two kids in the back.
 Bumper stickers. - Dwight Van Driver
Must have for the tailgaters

Póg mo thóin.

dvd
 Bumper stickers. - FotheringtonTomas
Hm. I didn't really mean "logos", more the pictorial things, like the Spanish bull.
 Bumper stickers. - Falkirk Bairn
Volvo estate- I'd rather be driving a Titleist.
 Bumper stickers. - Robin O'Reliant
Back of a bikers jacket -

"If you can read this, the b**** fell off."
 Bumper stickers. - ....
I thought the black bull on a car was the regional sticker for Malaga. Maybe the driver is from there ?
The Catalunyans have a donkey or red and yellow flag on their cars.

My favourite sticker and T-Shirt logo is:
Sell my bike ? I'd rather shove wasps up my backside !
Last edited by: Webmaster on Fri 23 Apr 10 at 01:05
 Bumper stickers. - L'escargot
My favourite is "I have been to Sans Serif".
 Bumper stickers. - Bellboy
i keep meaning to put on the back of my recovery wagon
"your skid stops here"
and i always remember "meaner than a junkyard dog" on beat up yank mobiles
 Bumper stickers. - Iffy
...meaner than a junkyard dog...

A description applied by Frank Sinatra to Bad Bad Leroy Brown.

Bumper stickers. - Badwolf
I have what, at first glance, looks like the Christian fish symbol on the back of my car. On closer inspection, the fish has little legs and the word 'Darwin' inside it. An accurate reflection of my beliefs which made me smile when I first saw one on another car. Google 'darwin fish' if you'd like one.
 Bumper stickers. - Bellboy
never seen one Badwolf even though i always take the fish mark off cars just in case it puts of a potential customer
 Bumper stickers. - R.P.
Members of the Traveller Communities use the fish logo as well....mind you a lot of the Irish Travellers are devout Catholics.
 Bumper stickers. - Iffy
...the Christian fish symbol on the back of my car...

Badwolf,

Do you believe in cod?
 Bumper stickers. - R.P.
I believe in Dog - I am dyslexic though.
 Bumper stickers. - bathtub tom
>>Do you believe in cod?

Only if you're a prawn again, Christian.
 Bumper stickers. - Ted

I absolutely hake that sort of joke !
My Scenic came with a fish on the tailgate. A raised plastic one about 5 inches long.
It was a total pig to get off. It brought some of the paint off, even using a warm air gun.
I cleaned up the area and put a Union Flag sticker over it.
It was still on when I soled it !

Ted
Ted, that's the type of thing I've got but with the legs and Darwin in the middle. Lord help the next owner then! By the way, I don't believe in cod, but I do think that religion has it's plaice. Thinking about it too much does give me a haddock. I suppose I should stop carping on and get back on my perch.
 Bumper stickers. - Robin O'Reliant
Badwolf,

you can be a real sprat sometimes.
 Bumper stickers. - Ted

My next door neighbour bought the car, but I nearly sold it to a man called Adolph in Whales !

I'll get me anorak.

Ted
 Bumper stickers. - MD
>> you can be a real sprat sometimes.
>>
Grow up you lot. This is not the Plaice for this sort of behaviour.
 Bumper stickers. - idle_chatterer
I understood these fish with legs symbols to be obtainable from the Darwin awards website - in case you haven't heard of them these awards are given to those who have contributed to the human race by removing themselves from the gene pool in strange, peculiar and I have to say often quite funny ways ? Here's the URL: www.darwinawards.com/
 Bumper stickers. - RattleandSmoke
saw this one the other day

"Oi, watch my backside not hers".

Sorry sir for going into the back of you sir, I was reading your sticker and got distracted.
Last edited by: Webmaster on Fri 23 Apr 10 at 01:05
 Bumper stickers. - SteelSpark
>> I have what at first glance looks like the Christian fish symbol on the back
>> of my car. On closer inspection the fish has little legs and the word 'Darwin'
>> inside it. An accurate reflection of my beliefs which made me smile when I first
>> saw one on another car. Google 'darwin fish' if you'd like one.

In a similar vein I have seen a few of these around too.

www.amazon.com/Flying-Spaghetti-Monster-Car-Emblem/dp/B000ER24EY

which is the symbol for

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flying_Spaghetti_Monster
 Bumper stickers. - L'escargot
On the non-standard very substantial front bumper of one of our local double deck buses it says "He who dares loses" and I for one wouldn't like to put it to the test!
>> On the non-standard very substantial front bumper of one of our local double deck buses
>> it says "He who dares loses" and I for one wouldn't like to put it
>> to the test!
>> He-he-he! I'd love to put that on the front of the buses I drive. Don't think that my boss would approve, though...
 Bumper stickers. - Bagpuss
In the mid-eighties the next door neighbour of a mate of mine had 2 cars. One was an Astra driven by the wife of the house, and on the back of this car was one of those stickers that said "My other car is a Porsche". The other car in the household was ... yes, a Porsche 924. How sad is that?
 Bumper stickers. - Avant
"a Porsche 924. How sad is that?"

Very, given that the 924 was powered by a Volkswagen van engine.

It would be great to have a Porsche just to be able to stick on the bumper 'My other car's a Skoda'.
 Bumper stickers. - Bagpuss
Private Eye used to sell car stickers, among them "My other car is also a Porsche" and "My other car sticker is funny".
 Bumper stickers. - Mike Hannon
>my favourite is "I have been to Sans Serif". <

Wow, Mr Snail. You've got a long memory...
 Bumper stickers. - Armel Coussine
>> Sans Serif

San Serif if I remember correctly. Best April fool joke I can remember, one up to the Grauniad... must have cost a bit too, with several cutting spoof advertising-supplement editorial-input pieces of the sort we were all quietly ashamed of when we quietly took the dictator's peso and churned one or two out, eh droptop? Hope you are well by the way.
Last edited by: Armel Coussine on Sun 28 Mar 10 at 16:16
Latest Forum Posts