Motoring Discussion > Taxi driver - Six points a pee Miscellaneous
Thread Author: henry k Replies: 23

Taxi driver - Six points a pee - henry k
www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-berkshire-14294011
 Taxi driver - Six points a pee - Dave_
Oh have I got some tales for this one... Off out now, they'll have to wait 'til later ;)
 Taxi driver - Six points a pee - -
This only highlights the unbelievable lack of public conveniences in this country.

Some of us, the usual suspects, pay extortionate amounts of council tax ''demands'' to provide decent facilities wherever one is.
Most of the inadequate provisions shut around 4.30pm about an hour before the shops close, virtually every single one is impossible to get to for drivers of cars let alone anything bigger.

Once nightfall comes in many towns there is simply nowhere to go.

No doubt the excuse is vandalism/gay cruising etc...as with virtually everything else in this country we the majority...who pay for it all in case those responsible have forgotten...have to suffer because we have little effective law and order.

I could leave an extended rant for SWM who spent many hours holding it in here years of motorcycle courier, private hiring and chauffering, but i imagine Pat could put this case for the ladies in particular very well.

It's a national disgrace.

However the clown above could surely have found somewhere a bit more rural for a P.

rant over:-)

PS...McDonalds are not in business to provide toilet facilities to all and sundry.
Last edited by: gordonbennet on Wed 27 Jul 11 at 12:31
 Taxi driver - Six points a pee - Iffy
Urinating in the street is also a criminal offence.

The guy who took the pic is hacked off with people doing this outside his home, and says he is 'disappointed' with the action taken by the local authority.

He should present the pic to the police with the suggestion it's fairly strong evidence a criminal offence took place.

Taxi driver - Six points a pee - BiggerBadderDave
Parked across two disabled bays too. Selfish prick.
 Taxi driver - Six points a pee - Cliff Pope
I thought there was an ancient law that allowed cab drivers to pee against the nearside wheel, or something like that?
 Taxi driver - Six points a pee - zookeeper
i thought it was allowed , its in the magna carta i think
 Taxi driver - Six points a pee - sherlock47
I like to think that he got the points for his parking not his urinating!

The only problem is when a location is used by many people and thus becomes over used.

Adopt the french model where it is convention to urinate anywhere in the country at the roadside. It is only the UK where the modesty of individuals results in people all using the same 'hidden' corner.

Why is it a criminal offense in the UK - IIRC urine is generally sterile, ok may not smell very good, but does it represent a public health issue?
Last edited by: pmh on Wed 27 Jul 11 at 13:01
only male urine is sterile at issue, females isnt for obvious reasons
 Taxi driver - Six points a pee - devonite
This is obviously an on-going problem, caused by the councils failure to rectify the situation. The "Resident" states 'disappointed' with the action taken by the local authority." in reference to the punishment handed out by the council, to the obviously desperate perpetrator, and not in solving the initial problem.
Why don`t the residents "campaign" to the council to at least semi-solve the situation by placing a "Portaloo" there?
As usual i`ts the needy that suffer, and something as simple as needing a pee could cost a bloke his job!
Something they could think about meanwhile, at least urine is sterile, not laden with bugs/germs/disease etc, and 10 mins of sunshine or a light shower, it`s gone!
 Taxi driver - Six points a pee - Focusless
>> This is obviously an on-going problem

The BBC report does say that there haven't been any complaints this year, and that the punishment would have been worse if it was still a problem.
>> Something they could think about meanwhile, at least urine is sterile, not laden with bugs/germs/disease
>> etc, and 10 mins of sunshine or a light shower, it`s gone!
>>

Don't go for a stroll or have a picnic anywhere the truck parking area 100 yards from the loos, the smell is something you'll never forget and it never goes..:-)
i took a leak in my gurgler before we left to go on holiday one year and forgot to flush, boy did it whiff when we got home 8 days later...it took about 2 days for the pong to go completly
 Taxi driver - Six points a pee - Robin O'Reliant
The problem of drivers getting caught short could be solved if councils did away with public conveniences altogether and paid pubs, cafes and other suitable businesses £500 a year to open their toilets up for general use by the public.

It would save them a fortune in building, cleaning and maintenance costs and increase the available facilities tenfold with a nice little earner for those who took part. Nothing is more agonising than breaking your neck to get to one of the few toilets in the area and finding it closed yet again for whatever reason.
 Taxi driver - Six points a pee - RattleandSmoke
Was this 6 points on his driving licence or 6 points on his taxi licence? I didn't think the council could issue penalty points on a driving licence.
 Taxi driver - Six points a pee - Zero
Taxi License.
 Taxi driver - Six points a pee - Mapmaker
PMH and RaS.

It was 6 points on his Taxi licene.
 Taxi driver - Six points a pee - sherlock47
>> PMH and RaS.
>>
>> It was 6 points on his Taxi licene.
>>

I knew that, because I read the article!
 Taxi driver - Six points a pee - Iffy
I'd not heard before of a local authority using a penalty points system to discipline taxi drivers.

I once covered a hearing into a taxi driver who refused to take a partially-sighted student and her dog from the rank of a railway station.

His taxi licence was suspended - I think for a month - which is a more or less a equivalent to a fine, because he's self-employed and cannot earn any money.

Although there would be nothing to stop him doing non-taxi work for that period.

Taxi driver - Six points a pee - BobbyG
Just back from Bulgaria on holiday.

Many restaurants have toilets which are free if you are eating but if you walk off the pavement to use them, there is a small fee payable to the wee woman who sits by the toilets (and obviously cleans them).

In Britain we have a problem with paying to use a toilet but as my missus says, she would rather pay to get a clean toilet than get a free one which is minging.
>> In Britain we have a problem with paying to use a toilet but as my
>> missus says, she would rather pay to get a clean toilet than get a free
>> one which is minging.

I get the good lady's point Bobby, however there are not free, we who have paid our dues have paid for them, and everything else, which petty officialdom seems to forget.

Taxi driver - Six points a pee - Dave_
>> Don't go for a stroll or have a picnic anywhere in the truck parking area

Or change a car wheel in a layby, as I once found out :(
 Taxi driver - Six points a pee - Stuu
Is urinating in the middle of nowhere an offense too? Does that count as a public place?

You could loose control of your functions before you came across public toilets in this country, maybe ones human rights are being breached, I presume if I have the right to a family life, I have the right not to wet myself trying to find a public loo aswell.
 Taxi driver - Six points a pee - Dutchie
I wouldn't have thought in the middle of nowhere is a offence.

What do you do carry a porta potty?
Latest Forum Posts