Motoring Discussion > The best? bargain used cars for £2000 Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Dog Replies: 12

The best? bargain used cars for £2000 - Dog
uk.cars.yahoo.com/30032010/36/bargain-cars-pound-2-000-0.html
 The best? bargain used cars for £2000 - Stuu
I would have to say, my Charade is pretty good value at £2k :-)
 The best? bargain used cars for £2000 - spamcan61
"The Ford Ka is possibly the ultimate best used car buy around. "

No way! well overpriced due to new / learner driver appeal, never mind the rust issues.

Doest the 1.8 rover 75 have the infamous K series in it? If so that'd be off my list tout suite.
 The best? bargain used cars for £2000 - RattleandSmoke
The 1.8 is a K series. My customer bought one was quite delighted with it. The first thing I thought was he has been had. A few weeks later he was faced with a £2k bill for a new engine because the head gasket had gone and the head had already being skimmed so it could not be reskimmed.

The Ford Ka is quite a good buy but I would have thought a used Panda would make more sense because they don't rust.

Ok I can't be bothered to go and check on Autotrader but I would think you'd get a better spec, Astra or similar for less money than a Ka, for that matter my last Vectra CDX cost about the same as a similar vintage Ka - but then the Vectra is hardly popular with learner drivers.
 The best? bargain used cars for £2000 - Stuu
The Rover 75 to have is the diesel or if you must have the 1.8 petrol, you get the modified gasket put in so it doesnt happen again.
This daft list specifically mentions the 1.8 turbo, probably the worst possible choice for reliability; maybe whoever wrote the list hasn't worked out why they're so cheap.
 The best? bargain used cars for £2000 - Bellboy
i reckon the person that did this piece has a lot full of unsold lemons
>>> i reckon the person that did this piece has a lot full of unsold lemons <<<

But ... The MX5 is a Peach you narner :)
 The best? bargain used cars for £2000 - movilogo
The list is pretty much useless. I could only vouch for Astra (also MX5 to certain extent) if you're spending £2000.

£2k mark is no way near banger territory. Where are Nissan Sunny/Micra, Honda Civic/Accord, Ford Mondeo etc?

Last edited by: movilogo on Mon 5 Apr 10 at 10:13
 The best? bargain used cars for £2000 - madf
You can buy a FSH immaculate 15 year old Lexus for under £2k.

Far better than Autocar's list - written by an ignoramus or 23 year old spotty numpty?
>>> You can buy a FSH immaculate 15 year old Lexus for under £2k <<<

But! How much would it cost to service & repair the damn thing compared to most of the cars mentioned
by said 23 year old spotty numpty?
Probably less than a head gasket / engine for the 1.8 Rover.
Latest Forum Posts