Motoring Discussion > Petrol prices in Belgium Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Pat Replies: 9

Petrol prices in Belgium - Pat
We're still reeling from filling the CRV up in Belgium on Saturday.

It has a small tank and we're not used to paying £58.00 for a tank full.

I know we should have checked before we left, but with Operation Stack advising us to leave early it meant getting up at 1.30am and we forgot but it's always been cheaper than the UK before.

I dug out the receipt yesterday and found it was 1.46 Euro's per litre.

When did it creep up to that price?

Pat
 Petrol prices in Belgium - L'escargot
At the current rate of exchange that's £1.28 per litre which isn't much more than UK prices.
 Petrol prices in Belgium - smokie
Yep, two Texaco in Swindon yesterday were 123.9, Tesco just round the corner was 117.9 though. Excessive profiteering anyone?
 Petrol prices in Belgium - sherlock47
France is about the same, but you can save upto 12cents by buying at Supermarkets rather than Autoroute filling stations.

Our UK local Tesco have dropped good pricing and generally only match the local BP and Texaco. However most super £50 shopping bills give a 5p/l discount.

7 miles away the Tesco is generally 4p /l cheaper.
 Petrol prices in Belgium - diddy1234
How do our fuel prices compare to Europe ?

One of my friends says the Netherlands is very expensive for fuel.
 Petrol prices in Belgium - Bagpuss
I've been paying between 1,14 and 1,25 Euros in Germany for a litre of diesel the last weeks. I had to fill up the Merc over the Easter weekend. A litre of Super unleaded cost a staggering 1,40 Euro.

There is a petrol station opposite my office in Stuttgart. Recently the prices on the big electronic sign seem to change almost on an hourly basis.
 Petrol prices in Belgium - Boxsterboy
Belgium has long had expensive petrol. Like France, you will find their diesel is cheaper, which is why they nearly all drive diesels.
 Petrol prices in Belgium - Mike H
Luxembourg was cheap the last time we drove through in September - around 1.10 euros for super plus unleaded. I live in Austria, and it's not too bad here, I've been paying around 1.16 euros for super plus unleaded (recently crept up to 1.26), and diesel has only recently crept over the 1.00 mark per litre. I think ordinary super is around 1.16 euros. Supermarkets here don;'t sell petrol so it's simply a case of finding a cheap petrol station. All these prices are for Jet or similar, Shell etc. tends to be more. Germany is a lot dearer, - seen it at 1.45 euros for super plus. Eye watering indeed.
Last edited by: Mike H on Fri 9 Apr 10 at 14:04
 Petrol prices in Belgium - Bagpuss
The prices seem more stable in Austria than in Germany. When I drove to Vienna 3 weeks ago there was no difference in the diesel price between Germany and Austria. When I was in Austria in January, the diesel price was actually higher than Germany.
 Petrol prices in Belgium - CGNorwich
See :

www.drive-alive.co.uk/fuel_prices_europe.html

Prices relate to February 2010 but confirms that Netherlands is the place to avoid.

Latest Forum Posts