Motoring Discussion > I've reported a cluster of potholes near us ...... Miscellaneous
Thread Author: L'escargot Replies: 20

I've reported a cluster of potholes near us ...... - L'escargot
......... via fixmystreet.com

When they've been repaired I'll let you know how long it took. I'm expecting it won't be very long.
 I've reported a cluster of potholes near us ...... - VxFan
Just taken a look at the website. Why can't they report the distances in miles?
 I've reported a cluster of potholes near us ...... - Old Navy
My council usually responds well to defect reports on their own website. (Duff streetlights, potholes, etc.)
 I've reported a cluster of potholes near us ...... - SteelSpark
I reported a pothole on Potholes.co.uk a couple of months back, but no movement or reply so far.

I am going to report it on FixMyStreet too and see if I get any joy.
 I've reported a cluster of potholes near us ...... - CGNorwich

I think this guy's got the answer. Brilliant piece of lateral thinking. Stop complaining and sponsor your very own pothole.

www.kentonline.co.uk/kentish_express/news/2010/march/12/sponsor_a_pothole.aspx

I've reported a cluster of potholes near us ...... - Iffy
...sponsor a pothole...

From the article: "The idea has taken off in the German village of Niederzimmern near Leipzig where villagers can buy a pothole for 50 euros."

But I thought everything was perfect in Germany, certainly far superior to this country.

Another illusion shattered.

I've reported a cluster of potholes near us ...... - Redviper
instead of paying via sponsering a pothole, how about, and this is a crazy idea.....they spend some of the money gathered from Road tax, and use that to pay for filling the hole??
 I've reported a cluster of potholes near us ...... - bathtub tom
>> I think this guy's got the answer. Brilliant piece of lateral thinking. Stop complaining and
>> sponsor your very own pothole.
>>
>> www.kentonline.co.uk/kentish_express/news/2010/march/12/sponsor_a_pothole.aspx

Brilliant!

I'll name mine Gordon Brown.
Last edited by: bathtub tom {p} on Sun 11 Apr 10 at 20:02
 I've reported a cluster of potholes near us ...... - spamcan61
I reported a local pothole via fixmystreet on Thursday, got an email from Louise at Hants CC saying the hole was being looked into ( boom boom ). 'My' pothole has a 12 digit reference number, I hope there aren't really that many potholes in Hampshire. :-)
 I've reported a cluster of potholes near us ...... - R.P.
I hope there aren't really that many potholes in Hampshire. :-)

Enough to fill the Albert Hall.
 I've reported a cluster of potholes near us ...... - Duncan
>>>> Enough to fill the Albert Hall.
>>

Or empty it!
 I've reported a cluster of potholes near us ...... - L'escargot
>> ......... via fixmystreet.com
>>
>> When they've been repaired I'll let you know how long it took.

Reported 9th April, repaired 5th May. I'm satisfied.
 I've reported a cluster of potholes near us ...... - Zero
Always pays to avoid a void.
 I've reported a cluster of potholes near us ...... - Cliff Pope
That slight depression in the road surface the Kent man is looking at is called a pothole?
By the standards of Carmarthenshire County Council that is just normal quality road surface.
In this part of the world a pothole is at least 6" deep. I drive over things like the one in the picture all the time and hardly notice. Try fiting pneumatic tyres.
 I've reported a cluster of potholes near us ...... - Harleyman
>> By the standards of Carmarthenshire County Council that is just normal quality road surface.

Have you noticed that they're trying out some new instant potholes on Carmarthen bypass, Cliff?

I'm sure the new surface is worse than the old one!
 I've reported a cluster of potholes near us ...... - BiggerBadderDave
A cluster of pot holes?

The collective noun for pot holes is "fracture"

A fracture of pot holes.
 I've reported a cluster of potholes near us ...... - bathtub tom
Our local council have started trialling this stuff:

tinyurl.com/3xv9kf2

It's not as if they haven't enough big holes to fill, but I suppose prevention is better.
 I've reported a cluster of potholes near us ...... - Oldgit
My mate ran his new-ish BMW 5 series into a large pothole on or approaching a roundabout in February. It was dark and he didn't see it. Subsequently he felt that something wasn't right about the car and upon taking it to the BMW dealer they confirmed that, although his runflats were alright, he'd ended up with two cracked nearside alloys.
He wrote a letter to the appropriate council, who subsequently requested full details and the final bill, for replacement rims (amounting to over £430 or thereabouts).He was told that such occurrences take up to 90 days to investigate and process etc.
However, having given up on ever hearing from them, this week he received a letter telling him that they acknowledge liability and are reimbursing with the full amount and asked him how he'd like to receive the money - quite a success story.
It certainly pays to complain and I would imagine there are many such similar claims.
 I've reported a cluster of potholes near us ...... - R.P.
My BiL shattered an alloy on their runabout Corsa in a similar incident - council eventually coughed up, one of at least three similar claims on the same pothole - surely far more cost effective to fill the blinking thing in...
 I've reported a cluster of potholes near us ...... - Runfer D'Hills
Qashqai's good at ignoring potholes. So was the Ka come to that. Mondeo has big wheels and watchstrap tyres so it doesn't like them much but the worst was the Signum which hated them and speed cushions with a passion.

Never thought I'd catch myself saying this but I'm really starting to "get" the SUV thing. Top speed hardly matters anymore, sitting higher up can have its advantages, longer suspension travel as discussed above and four wheel drive was great in the bad winter. I've even taken to wearing my sunglasses on top of my head.
 I've reported a cluster of potholes near us ...... - ....
>> surely far more cost effective to fill the blinking thing in...
>>
No money left, they've blown the budget on alloys, shocks, arms...
Latest Forum Posts