Motoring Discussion > Audi A3 Sportback - Nice loan car Miscellaneous
Thread Author: legacylad Replies: 2

Audi A3 Sportback - Nice loan car - legacylad
My driving instructor pal has taken a long weekend off whilst his '09 A3 Tdi has some panel damage repaired, caused by some duffer in a car park who ran into him twice whilst he was parked up with a pupil.
He was delighted to be given a 3.0 Tdi A4 Allroad for several days, almost spanking new and fully specced. Not as much fun as the Sud Ti I was given many years ago, which remains my favourite loaner to this day, but streets ahead of SWMBO's Agila which is probably still recovering from 300 miles in lane 3 of the A1M, M62 & M1 in the course of a days repping.
 Audi A3 Sportback - Nice loan car - rtj70
Nice trade up! Can he get loss of earnings too?

Supplying dealer told me when my car is in for service etc that I should contact their business team to borrow a nice car instead of getting a Polo. So would get something like a Scirocco, Golf GTD, Tiguan, Passat CC....

... car has now done close to 500 miles and it is estimating first service is either in 18200 miles or.... 738 days! It is likely to be serviced sooner than two and a bit years though. But it might only need one or two services when I have it! How will I get my rubbish to the tip. :-)

Now I see why the car might be good value for a lease over 3 years.
Last edited by: rtj70 on Thu 13 Oct 11 at 23:52
 Audi A3 Sportback - Nice loan car - Londoner
OP: Yes, a result for a loan car. A significant difference in list price between the two vehicles!

rtj70: "Now I see why the car might be good value for a lease over 3 years."
We have had this discussion before. Skimping on servicing to please the company car buyers will only lead to problems later on. Trouble is, in the current state of the economy they are the ones with influence on manufacturers.
Latest Forum Posts