Motoring Discussion > Pinch me, I must be dreaming Accessories and Parts
Thread Author: Fursty Ferret Replies: 5

Pinch me, I must be dreaming - Fursty Ferret
Just had an intermin service on the 1-series at a BMW main dealer. MOT, brake fluid change, inspection, and courtesy car for the day came to £129 inc VAT. And that's it until 2013 according to the computer.

Oh, and that included breakfast, coffee, and the day's newspaper when I dropped it off.
 Pinch me, I must be dreaming - R.P.
Bargain. My £250TLC package was a good deal. Nice feeling not having open wallet surgery each visit.
 Pinch me, I must be dreaming - Londoner
I reckon that BMW servicing cost are more reasonable than their eternal rivals from Audi and Mercedes, especially the service packages that you can get with a new car.
The only bugbear for me was that, as a 18-20k a year driver, once the first big service arrived at around 21k miles, the "Condition Based Servicing" regime meant that I was visiting the dealers every few months (3 times in 4 months was the record).

Due to personal circumstances, every visit meant losing a precious day's annual leave. Grrrr!
 Pinch me, I must be dreaming - Meldrew
Good deal! I just had my small Ford in for a 2 year service and it was £140. Labour, oil filter and 3 ltrs of synthetic and that's it. I was earlier offered a 3 year service package including continental breakdown but I think I was wise to turn it down -@£675
 Pinch me, I must be dreaming - MD
Mondeo. Wouldn't give you the HUMP at all.
 Pinch me, I must be dreaming - Focusless
>> £129 inc VAT
>> Oh, and that included breakfast, coffee, and the day's newspaper when I dropped it off.

Bargain indeed - that's cheaper than Costa isn't it?
Latest Forum Posts