Motoring Discussion > £37K for 3 mths car rental of £40K Jaguar Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Falkirk Bairn Replies: 4

£37K for 3 mths car rental of £40K Jaguar - Falkirk Bairn
Car rental bill after a car is bumped by a lorry.

3 months to get car fixed - 3rd party Insurer pays £7K leaving punter with threat of claim by Accident Management Company.

www.scotsman.com/the-scotsman/scotland/motorist_left_with_29k_bill_for_courtesy_car_1_1919118

Rip-off Britain at its best!
 £37K for 3 mths car rental of £40K Jaguar - -
Read the paperwork and don't trust a shark not to rip your leg off.

There is no such thing as a free lunch, why do people think there is when someone else's insurance is footing the bill.

£37K for 3 mths car rental of £40K Jaguar - Manatee
Exactly. It would be interesting to know if it was his own insurer who handed it off the accident management, for a fee.

The other scam that doesn't seem to have had much of an airing is the "manufacturer" accident management "schemes". These are clearly just referrals in disguise. Boy had a wallet in his car paperwork re Fiat accident management. Knowing no better he did as suggested and referred his no-fault accident to them. He was delighted when he was given four weeks hire of a brand new Focus 1.6 Zetec while his 1.2 Panda was having a cracked bumper repaired. That was one expensive cracked bumper. Happily he didn't have to pay it himself.
 £37K for 3 mths car rental of £40K Jaguar - mikeyb
The way I read it is that his insurance broker passed it on and no doubt took a bung along the way.

I used one of these outfits a few years ago. Think the bill was £900 for 6 weeks hire which I thought was OK.

When they agreed to supply a car they asked me to pay £10 for a policy that would reimburse their costs in the event that they had been unable to recover there cost from the party within 12 months. Not needed though as it was fairly straight forward
 £37K for 3 mths car rental of £40K Jaguar - rtj70
The insurance company is in their right to refuse the cost of a hire car if it for a car costing more than the damaged one. And especially if you've not made attempt to sort this out yourself if you had the means.

Darren Bent got landed with a huge bill (still going through court I think) when his AMG was off the road so he got an Aston Martin as a hire car. That car was costing £573.28 per day + VAT!
Latest Forum Posts