Motoring Discussion > Idiot Jet Washing a Car Interior Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Meldrew Replies: 13

Idiot Jet Washing a Car Interior - Meldrew
He doesn't looked dressed like a Merc owner but who can tell, these days?

www.youtube.com/watch?v=LPP8NkjPGvk
 Idiot Jet Washing a Car Interior - rtj70
I've seen a car wash cleaning the inside of an oldish Fiesta before with the pressure washer. But I have always thought that was a young idiot doing what he was told. Someone might have dropped the car off asking for a full valet. This message gets relayed as clean the inside and outside (i.e. hoover etc the inside) but the young fool takes it to mean clean the inside like the outside without thinking what they are doing.

I wonder if this is what happened with the Merc above? The owner might have asked for his car to be cleaned inside and out. But not inside with a pressure washer.
 Idiot Jet Washing a Car Interior - VxFan
A clip was posted some time ago (by me) where a woman was cleaning a Golf in a similar manner.
Some people might just be stupid enough to think cleaning the inside of the car with a jet wash is not a silly idea.
 Idiot Jet Washing a Car Interior - VxFan
A friend of mine who has a Suzuki SJ413 Jeep has previously jet washed it inside after a very wet and muddy sloppy off-road meeting and just knocked a few of the rubber plugs out the floor to drain the water out. Didn't seem to do any harm other than a wet bum from the seats afterwards.
 Idiot Jet Washing a Car Interior - -
Sometimes nothing else will rid the stench and staining, try cleaning the inside of a truck cab when it's been smoked in for half a million miles without using pressure, nothing else will work.
You wouldn't believe the yellowed and blackened filth that flows from all crevices, and what comes from the roof lining shouldn't be allowed into the storm drains.

Lovely.

Idiot Jet Washing a Car Interior - DP
Looks to me like either a disgruntled employee of the valet business, or some activity around car theft. Either way, those are not the actions of a man who paid for a car like that out of his own pocket. I actually found this quite difficult to watch.
The electronic systems in a complex modern car will simply not survive this kind of water ingress. That's without the water absorbing into the sound deadening material under the carpets, and rotting the floorpan from the inside out.
Little short of vandalism.
Last edited by: DP on Wed 26 Oct 11 at 13:09
 Idiot Jet Washing a Car Interior - Cliff Pope
So there we have it:

Real vehicles need hosing out because of the hard life they lead, and are man enough to stand it, poncy cars can't take it.

It must have been fun squirting water inside, even more so if he turned it on the angry owner :)
 Idiot Jet Washing a Car Interior - Stuu
Ive used a pressure washer on the interior of the odd car, but very short blasts only on seats as on lower pressure washers, the excess spray is very fine and doesnt actually drench the rest of the interior much.

Only on a summers day though and with a day to dry out.
 Idiot Jet Washing a Car Interior - Robin O'Reliant
Something doesn't look right, I think it's a spoof. You can't see any evidence of water on the windows.
The one with the camera seems to be laughing too. Anyone understand the Italian being spoken?
Actually it's not Italian - I assumed it was because of the plate. Maybe Macedonian?
 Idiot Jet Washing a Car Interior - Runfer D'Hills
Now if someone told me that was his wife's car, and that he'd just seen her sloping off with her tennis coach...

:-)
 Idiot Jet Washing a Car Interior - Dave_
>> Actually it's not Italian - I assumed it was because of the plate. Maybe Macedonian?

If he's wearing shorts, and it's an Italian-registered car, there's a fair chance it's in a dry and warm or hot country, where the water would evaporate from all (most of?) the nooks and crannies fairly swiftly.
Last edited by: Dave_TDCi on Wed 26 Oct 11 at 20:23
Latest Forum Posts