Motoring Discussion > Jaguar XF - 'customers fault' that it keeps breaking down
Thread Author: VxFan Replies: 15

Jaguar XF - 'customers fault' that it keeps breaking down - VxFan
Jaguar bosses told a motorist it was his own fault his £45,000 luxury car repeatedly broke down - because he wasn’t driving fast enough.

Jonathan Dines was astonished by to be told that it was his 'inappropriate' driving style that was responsible for a year of trouble with his dream car.

During that time, the saloon ground to a complete halt on three occasions, needed a week-long repair on another, and regularly went into a 'protective mode' when it he didn't drive above 30mph.

Yet another DPF problem by the looks of it

tinyurl.com/69pt2bd - Link = Daily Mail

Jaguar XF - 'customers fault' that it keeps breaking down - -
Estate agent told what he wanted to hear by a salesman?, maybe he didn't ask as many questions as he should have, ironic.

Feel for the bloke, it's a pity when you have to become quite knowledgeable in the why's and wherefore's before you buy something as mundane as a car.

Still ironic though..;)

Last edited by: gordonbennet on Thu 3 Nov 11 at 14:23
 Jaguar XF - 'customers fault' that it keeps breaking down - Stuu
Wont be the last person either.

There was a time that the only thing that needed taking out was the dog, now you have to take the Jaguar out aswell.
 Jaguar XF - 'customers fault' that it keeps breaking down - Armel Coussine
Serves the damn mimser right. When his 45 grand luxury cruiser is off the road having constipation treatment he won't be getting in the way in it will he?

It's an ill wind...
 Jaguar XF - 'customers fault' that it keeps breaking down - Runfer D'Hills
I think it's brilliant, it just serves to identify those who have cars but don't actually need them and unnecessarily congest urban roads. I think if they have to get it fixed more than 3 times they should have their licences confiscated.

:-)
 Jaguar XF - 'customers fault' that it keeps breaking down - -
I note from the story it broke down in London, yet he's Manchester based, presumably he didn't drive to London at 30 mph.

Story won't do Jaguar much good for a week or so, but hopefully it will wake potential buyers up to investigate things a bit more before they sign the cheque.
 Jaguar XF - 'customers fault' that it keeps breaking down - rtj70
So he bought the car second hand at 18,000 miles... so how was it driven for the first 18,000. Sounds to me if the problems probably started before he got the car?
 Jaguar XF - 'customers fault' that it keeps breaking down - Cliff Pope
So monarchs, ambassadors, undertakers, etc who need to drive slowly had better stick to Rolls Royces.
 Jaguar XF - 'customers fault' that it keeps breaking down - MPZ
Or anything with a petrol engine.
 Jaguar XF - 'customers fault' that it keeps breaking down - Zero
Good, hope the flash git looses his job.

Would you buy from an estate agent who rocks up in a 45 grand XF?
 Jaguar XF - 'customers fault' that it keeps breaking down - ....
>> Would you buy from an estate agent who rocks up in a 45 grand XF?
>>
Not if he was wearing what looks like someone elses suit.
 Jaguar XF - 'customers fault' that it keeps breaking down - MD
Or had dirty shoes.
 Jaguar XF - 'customers fault' that it keeps breaking down - Bill Payer
These things (DPFs) seem to be a nighmare on some cars. There's a BMW520d for sale on Pistonheads that has had 5 in 3 years. The car's done 120K miles so it can't have been hanging around!

If it keeps needing it replaced that's going to be very expensive once out of warranty.
 Jaguar XF - 'customers fault' that it keeps breaking down - ....
I think that is your classic Friday afternoon/Monday monring car BP.
If 520d's needed a new DPF every 31/32 weeks or 24k miles on average (without knowing the actual change dates) it might have been flagged up by now.
 Jaguar XF - 'customers fault' that it keeps breaking down - Bill Payer
>> I think that is your classic Friday afternoon/Monday monring car BP.

It might be. I looked up the ad and I exaggerated a bit - it's on its 5th DPF so it's only :) been replaced 4 times. I forget it had also had a new engine though! www.pistonheads.com/sales/3322472.htm
 Jaguar XF - 'customers fault' that it keeps breaking down - Dave_
>> So ... undertakers, etc who need to drive slowly had better stick to Rolls Royces

I'm sure the last funeral I went to used Merc E class CDI hearse and limos.

Thinking about the bigger picture, could DPFs be the reason why diesel/electric hybrids are so long in coming to market?
Last edited by: Dave_TDCi on Sun 6 Nov 11 at 14:13
Latest Forum Posts