Motoring Discussion > Mitsubishi Shogun/Pajero - Dilemma - 70-90mph winds 4cast Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Falkirk Bairn Replies: 11

Mitsubishi Shogun/Pajero - Dilemma - 70-90mph winds 4cast - Falkirk Bairn
Neighbour has jacked up and put his ancient car on bricks - to change the brake discs and pads.

He did this earlier today.

The 4cast winds are 70-90mph............do I say something or just let the car possibly be blown over? 2 wheels off on passenger side and on bricks.

He is not the sharpest tool in the box!
 Mitsubishi Shogun/Pajero - Dilemma - 70-90mph winds 4cast - Lygonos
What's the address? I've got a camera and haven't posted on youtube for a while.
 Mitsubishi Shogun/Pajero - Dilemma - 70-90mph winds 4cast - Zero
I doubt its going anywhere, its a shogun, it weights well over a ton.
 Mitsubishi Shogun/Pajero - Dilemma - 70-90mph winds 4cast - Dave_
>> Neighbour has jacked up and put his ancient car on bricks - to change the brake discs and pads

>> 2 wheels off on passenger side and on bricks ... not the sharpest tool in the box!

I hope he's going to change both front and rear brakes on the driver's side too, or he'll get a nasty surprise the first time he presses the pedal!

I shouldn't think it'll blow over, tell him to open all the windows just in case ;)
Last edited by: Dave_TDCi on Wed 7 Dec 11 at 19:30
 Mitsubishi Shogun/Pajero - Dilemma - 70-90mph winds 4cast - R.P.
Well ? What happened ? Did it go the way of the trampoline ?
 Mitsubishi Shogun/Pajero - Dilemma - 70-90mph winds 4cast - Falkirk Bairn
Still sitting on bricks - the wind hit the car exactly on the back.

Sitting in my car (at 90 deg to the wind) the car rocked quite a lot.
 Mitsubishi Shogun/Pajero - Dilemma - 70-90mph winds 4cast - Dave_
It was quite hairy on the M25 at 2pm on Thursday in a 7.5t box van - seemed worse heading west from Essex than it did heading north up the M1 straight afterwards.
 Mitsubishi Shogun/Pajero - Dilemma - 70-90mph winds 4cast - CGNorwich
Met office is foreasting storm force winds in southern parts of UK on Tuesday
 Mitsubishi Shogun/Pajero - Dilemma - 70-90mph winds 4cast - Dog
Yep, we're gonna get the wind up, it'll hit Cornwall from the SouWest and we're protected from that (for once!) unlike our place in Warleggan a few years back - 700ft above sea level and completely exposed to the SW & W.
 Mitsubishi Shogun/Pajero - Dilemma - 70-90mph winds 4cast - Iffy
...It was quite hairy on the M25 at 2pm on Thursday in a 7.5t box van - seemed worse heading west from Essex...

The only time I've seen a Luton van blown over was several years ago on that stretch of the M25.

It didn't seem that windy, but I passed a couple of other vans or light commercials that had flopped over.

Mitsubishi Shogun/Pajero - Dilemma - 70-90mph winds 4cast - diddy1234
Well if it doesn't get blown over on tuesday, friday will certanly ruin it.
There is potential for a very windy storm on friday.
 Mitsubishi Shogun/Pajero - Dilemma - 70-90mph winds 4cast - Dulwich Estate
Seems funny weather for your neighbour to be thinking about doing a paint respray outside ??
Latest Forum Posts