Introduce Yourself > Hi folks Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Typ 8L Replies: 2

Hi folks - Typ 8L
Hi folks, not sure if any of you will remember me from the Back Room, but looks like I've finally found where you all went... did take me a while and a bit of Googling to find out :-).

Not entirely sure I understand what happened between HJ and Khoosys that resulted in the BR downtime and this forum appearing... but probably better not to ask ;-)
 Hi folks - Brentus
welcome Typ 8l. Not entirely sure i do, but all the old BRmers are here now.

Brent.
 Hi folks - car4play
Good to see you here. Hope you find the atmosphere warm and welcoming!

>> Not entirely sure I understand what happened between HJ and Khoosys that resulted in the
>> BR downtime and this forum appearing... but probably better not to ask ;-)

Not a lot really. We couldn't spare them the amount of resources they needed to take the HJ site on in the direction they wanted. Another programmer came available and they were able to use him to recode the site. They were able to add a content management system to allow greater flexibility of information placement on the site by a team of individuals. They just got caught out a wee bit by some of the complexities within the backroom forum software that hadn't been fully understood earlier, but they seem to have sorted most issues now. We still own the original software and that's why it looks remarkably familiar here. We have very different plans for this site, but essentially this is a community run site.
Last edited by: car4play on Tue 27 Apr 10 at 23:40
Latest Forum Posts