Introduce Yourself > Skoda Fabia - I'm here!
Thread Author: Roger. Replies: 6

Skoda Fabia - I'm here! - Roger.
Hi folks & thanks to the kind members @ HJ who pointed me here!
Being retired and normally with lots of time on my hands HJ was on my Firefox homepage list & I visited often, so it's nice to be back in a familiar format.
My nickname here is "landsker" - previously, in another place ,"malteser (I was born in Malta as a service brat, pre-war!).
For those who might say " Landsker ,what an odd name", I should explain that it is an imaginary line, in South West Wales, roughly following the A40 road, which separates the "Englishry" of South Pembrokeshire from the "Welshry" of Carmarthenshire & Cardiganshire.
South Pembs. is known as "The Little England Beyond Wales" as Welsh is generally not spoken there, the churches are Norman, not Celtic, because the Norman invaders reached there and stayed making the culture largely English, not Welsh.
The name is unusual enough to be accepted as a user name on pretty well any forum of which I am a member!
 Skoda Fabia - I'm here! - Bellboy
hi malteser i would get the wife to say hello but she might melt in your hand
you live in one of the best parts of this country and i for one is well jealous :-(
 Skoda Fabia - I'm here! - helicopter
Welcome back to the fold 'landsker ' I assume you have not moved back to the UK.

If I remember correctly as ' malteser ' you lived in the south of Spain ..... near one of my old stamping ( and sailing ) grounds in Duquesa. I have not been down there for a few years .

Still heading to Gib Safeways for the Marmite and PG Tips?

Go into reverse if you don't recognise the moniker......

¡Hola, y buenos dias!
With a brand new son-in-law who is a REME Sgt. avionics techie. (looking after Apaches & Lynx rotaries) for the AAC, I DO recognise your old moniker!
Yes, we are still in Spain within about five minutes drive of Peuerto de la Duquesa.
It's rather run down & tired these days - not much money around to keep things spick and span, regrettably.
Safeway in Gib. is now Morrison's of course - apparently the most profitable store in the whole group per sq. foot of selling space. When you see the prices you understand - prize rip-off merchants they are!
We are thinking that it is time for us to return to the UK, both of us being in our seventies with no family here, but the property market is very tough here at present, so selling our apartment will not be a speedy job!
goo.gl/xFrn if anyone is interested!
The sun IS shining now & we have the summer to look forward to, so all is not doom & gloom!
 Skoda Fabia - I'm here! - Dog
>>> goo.gl/xFrn if anyone is interested! <<<

mue bien amigo!
No longer South Pembs for the last 9 years, but on the Costa del Sol!
 Skoda Fabia - I'm here! - helicopter

Nice place Roger but as you say, the Spanish property market is tough at the moment. At least you have not built and then found the local authority make you demolish the place like some poor Brits.

Thats why we kept the boat in Gib ... if you don't like the scenery or neighbours you can up anchor and away.

I have very happy memories of sailing from Gib up to Duquesa with dolphins happily surfing our bow wave...

...and seafood meals in the restaurants there and up in the hills at Casares.

Hope you sell at a good price and get back to Blighty.

Latest Forum Posts