Thought you had hibernated.

Car4play is ranked 108,272 in the United Kingdom. - Fullchat
Quite a large gap to where we used to reside:

urlmetrics.co.uk/www.honestjohn.co.uk
 Car4play is ranked 108,272 in the United Kingdom. - Clk Sec
Hello, L'escargot.

23p! is that all I'm worth?
 Car4play is ranked 108,272 in the United Kingdom. - nyx2k
so c4p is worth less than 3k and hj nearly 125k. i wonder how much time effort and money would be needed to invest to get a worthg more than hj. just need another 10k visitors a day.

then again i like this place and its worth more to me than hj
 Car4play is ranked 108,272 in the United Kingdom. - zippy
>>> nyx2k

What he said! +1
 Car4play is ranked 108,272 in the United Kingdom. - R.P.
Remember that HJ has a huge front end (so to speak)
 Car4play is ranked 108,272 in the United Kingdom. - VxFan
Rome wasn't built in a day.

HJ is something like 12 years old now and has developed over the years into a business.

We're still in the infancy stage, but who knows what's going to happen 10 years from now.
 Car4play is ranked 108,272 in the United Kingdom. - devonite
How old is the Data? - I know it states "updated 30/11/12", but when I entered my website, re-built and re-hosted on a completely different server,(May 2012), it still shows the old site and data.
 Car4play is ranked 108,272 in the United Kingdom. - BobbyG
I wonder how long before this whole online advertising bubble bursts. I have had occasion to listen to people trying to sell Yell and Google analytics and tecnical stuff but at the end of the day, most people use ad blockers or just ignore these adverts.

The whole "branding" and product placement malarkey is drummed up by people with vested interests in trying to make lots of money and justify their own existence. Like external consultants who come into workplaces, force their ideas on and then leave before they need to face the consequences!!

Emirates pay trillions to sponsor teams, arenas etc - will it make me give them a penny of my hard earned - no it won't.

If someone advertises a deal like the Aldi and Lidl ones, yes they work very well and do make me go into their shops specifically for advertised items. Same with supermarkets.

But I don't think I have ever bought anything that I have seen on a webpage like this.

And in some webpages, what you actually see are the last items that someone on your PC was viewing so why show them again?
 Car4play is ranked 108,272 in the United Kingdom. - rtj70
>> I wonder how long before this whole online advertising bubble bursts

I don't know but Google makes it's money from online ads - that is their business after all. Seems to be working so far. Even selling phones like the Nexus 4 at a loss is part of their business plan.

The money is made by the likes of Google from the ads. Not if the ads lead to a sale.
Last edited by: rtj70 on Sun 2 Dec 12 at 22:12
 Car4play is ranked 108,272 in the United Kingdom. - rtj70
Even this website gets an income from showing ads. It gets more if you click on them. Click on too many and they'll be suspicious.
Latest Forum Posts