Non-motoring > Unsocial Housing - Amsterdam style Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Falkirk Bairn Replies: 20

Unsocial Housing - Amsterdam style - Falkirk Bairn
DT Reports on moves to "re-house" anti-social tenants in Holland

tinyurl.com/cupamag

Is this the answer to "Neighbours from Hell"

It may /may not be but possibly a start!

Would you like to see something like this coming to your town?
 Unsocial Housing - Amsterdam style - Haywain
"Would you like to see something like this coming to your town?"

Yes - but I'd sterilise 'em first.
 Unsocial Housing - Amsterdam style - Cliff Pope

>>
>> Would you like to see something like this coming to your town?
>>
>>

I'd prefer it in somebody else's town.
 Unsocial Housing - Amsterdam style - bathtub tom
They could start with one of my neighbours. A housing association bought the house and put this family in it. The housing association have admitted to me (in writing) the family have 'lifestyle issues'.

They'd probably find a shipping container luxurious after the state of the house they've trashed.
 Unsocial Housing - Amsterdam style - Falkirk Bairn
A local "private landlord" was interviewed for a Scottish National paper about how he had grown his buy-to-let into over 100's properties and making money week-in week-out not just "Capital Growth"

He rented out a range of home, mostly flats, terraces, semis............no new builds of any kind, no 4/5 bed houses. He rented about 50% to council who housed people often with social issues..........the council paid rent and paid up for refurbishment after it being trashed.

By letting homes out to " good tenants" for say 10 years.........then" poor tenants" council pays say £5-£10K refurb...........then "good tenants" at a higher rent.......
 Unsocial Housing - Amsterdam style - -
What in the UK?, not a chance.

Penalise the feckless useless drug addled wasters who breed like rabbits and cause notthing but misery to almost every single normal hard working law abiding person they meet?

This geezer wouuld be ostracised by the current cabal of out of touch professional politicians and appartchiks who run this country...fortunately our lofty leaders and their henchpersons live miles from the scum which is jolly convenient what.

It will never change until you hit people where it hurts...in the pocket.
 Unsocial Housing - Amsterdam style - diddy1234
At first I thought this was a good idea.

However I could see this being abused.

Take for example a few years back when a mother and her autistic child were constantly picked on by other kids. In the end the mum killed her daughter and herself.

Now if this system was in place this family (which have not done anything wrong) could be packed off to a scum town as they 'don't fit in' all because enough neighbours had complained....
 Unsocial Housing - Amsterdam style - -
>> Now if this system was in place this family (which have not done anything wrong)
>> could be packed off to a scum town as they 'don't fit in' all because
>> enough neighbours had complained....

Fair point, i remember that case well, poor woman and her girl left defenceless against scum...no caring social workers backed up by a van load of big coppers wielding nightsticks in sight, couple of good sortings out and the bully cowards would have vanished for ever.

You wonder what might have happened to the apparently racist couple in Rotherham who didn't fit with the current apparatchik's dogma there, especially worrying should the current regimes in control of the country and continent get control of the internet following judicial reports into press standards, no one would ever know.
Last edited by: gordonbennet on Tue 4 Dec 12 at 11:15
 Unsocial Housing - Amsterdam style - zookeeper
the meek shall inherit the earth...one day
 Unsocial Housing - Amsterdam style - Alanovich
Oh! I thought he said blessed are the GREEK!

;-)
 Unsocial Housing - Amsterdam style - helicopter
I thought it was blessed are the Cheesemakers......
As in.....

www.youtube.com/watch?v=-xLUEMj6cwA
 Unsocial Housing - Amsterdam style - Alanovich
Yeah, them as well. It was both.
 Unsocial Housing - Amsterdam style - No FM2R
Don't think so. The Greek were confused with the meek.
 Unsocial Housing - Amsterdam style - Dutchie
Difficult to make it work but what can you do with people who decide to live like pigs.
As the Greek were confused with the meek......

so the cheesemakers were confused with the peacemakers.....
 Unsocial Housing - Amsterdam style - MD
>> A local "private landlord" was interviewed for a Scottish National paper about how he had
>> grown his buy-to-let into over 100's properties and making money week-in week-out not just "Capital
>> Growth"
>>
>> He rented out a range of home, mostly flats, terraces, semis............no new builds of any
>> kind, no 4/5 bed houses. He rented about 50% to council who housed people often
>> with social issues..........the council paid rent and paid up for refurbishment after it being trashed.
>>
>> By letting homes out to " good tenants" for say 10 years.........then" poor tenants" council
>> pays say £5-£10K refurb...........then "good tenants" at a higher rent.......
>>
The Fella's clearly got a brain.
 Unsocial Housing - Amsterdam style - Dutchie
The council pays and our rates are skyhigh.Move them to the yorkshire moors in a tent that might cure the problem.
 Unsocial Housing - Amsterdam style - MD
Move them offshore. I could arrange transport as far as the beach.
 Unsocial Housing - Amsterdam style - Manatee
>> The council pays and our rates are skyhigh.Move them to the yorkshire moors in a
>> tent that might cure the problem.

What have the Yorkshire moors done wrong? Send them to Hull, that's what the M62 and the Humber Bridge must have been built for ;-)

If that doesn't work out, then it's straight on the boat to Rotterdam.
 Unsocial Housing - Amsterdam style - Zero
Container towns is a good idea, there is a big one in Felixstowe we can house them in. Free holidays in far off places too.
Latest Forum Posts