Non-motoring > NHS Conflicts of Interest Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Lygonos Replies: 11

NHS Conflicts of Interest - Lygonos
Sizeable minority of GPs who have executive roles in the new commissioning groups appear to have interests in for-profit providers of services, or members of their families do.

www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-21772143

NHS Conflicts of Interest - Roger.
They are taking their lead from politicians.
 NHS Conflicts of Interest - madf
tinyurl.com/cgvvh5p
 NHS Conflicts of Interest - Haywain
As I predicted some years ago - the future is yellow - banana yellow - banana republic yellow! Why do we continue to vote for these dreadful characters???
 NHS Conflicts of Interest - madf
>> As I predicted some years ago - the future is yellow - banana yellow -
>> banana republic yellow! Why do we continue to vote for these dreadful characters???
>>

Force of habit. It's easier to vote as you did before rather than think..

NHS Conflicts of Interest - PhilW
madf,
And don't forget Lord Deben, chair of the Committee on Climate Change (CCC).
"Lord Deben is chairman of 'Forewind', an offshore wind company which is seeking to build one of the largest ever wind farms covering an area half the size of Wales. (Dogger Bank?)
He is also Chairman and shareholder in 'Sancroft International Ltd' which warns of the disasters that will result due to climate change and how its clients can benefit from changing policies.
His involvement with 'Valpack Ltd' (environmental solutions) has also been called into question. Valpack deals in, among other things, carbon services.
It is not surprising, therefore, that 'Friends of the Earth' described Deben as "the best Environment Secretary we've ever had".
www.thecommentator.com/article/1642/yeogate_2_more_evidence_of_big_green_cronyism_in_tory_led_government
I think he also had interests in companies seeking to build the Severn Barrage.
P
 NHS Conflicts of Interest - Bromptonaut
I thought Lord Deben looked familiar. The former John (Selwyn) Gummer?

Is this green committee/green enterprise conflict a Suffolk thing?

NHS Conflicts of Interest - PhilW
"I thought Lord Deben looked familiar. The former John (Selwyn) Gummer?"
It is he - and your prize is a hamburger for your daughter, or, to avoid BSE, a horseburger. (Should that be AN hamburger and AN horseburger?)

NHS Conflicts of Interest - Alastairw
Depends on how you carry your 'h's Phil. eg: An 'otel or A hotel

(I am aiming for the Iffy, a memorial prize in the form of a golden dropped h, for insufferable pedants!)
 NHS Conflicts of Interest - Armel Coussine
Intrusive aitches are even more fun. A friend once asked a lady, unknown to him, what substance to use for some purpose I forget. The lady replied instantly: 'Orsehoil.'

'What?' he asked in some alarm.

Turned out she was suggesting some sort of oil used on horses. Hoof polish perhaps.
 NHS Conflicts of Interest - zookeeper
made me think of this

www.youtube.com/watch?v=d6IBiR9m3vY
 NHS Conflicts of Interest - Bromptonaut
>> Depends on how you carry your 'h's Phil. eg: An 'otel or A hotel
>>
>> (I am aiming for the Iffy, a memorial prize in the form of a golden
>> dropped h, for insufferable pedants!)

The ones that crease me are those who drop aitches but then recycle them.

Wer used to have a regular caller at work, a Mr Owen, whose calls would be along the lines of:

allo, is that the hinquiry desk? This is Arry Howen, my central eating has packed up and I need a hengineer hurgently!!
Latest Forum Posts