Non-motoring > French butcher Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Mapmaker Replies: 5

French butcher - Mapmaker
In France last weekend, I happened upon a market. Fancying some andouillettes and pâté de tête persillé I queued at the butcher's stall. And watched him joint a raw chicken for a lady as well as carving some ham and some pate, all with the same knife, hands and chopping boards. Fridge too. One guesses that in the UK he'd be shut down very quickly indeed; yet not thirty miles from these shores...
 French butcher - helicopter
I am sure he is not the only butcher in France like that..... however it is a risk you take every time you eat anything anywhere in the world....

AS for liking andouillettes ...... surely you are never quite sure what vile bits of animal innards are in them ..... I am not tempted by them .....

....and this is despite the delicious smell from a huge pan of them cooking a couple of weeks ago when we were in Dieppe Market.... but they were in the open air being kept warm buffet style, a recipe for salmonella.....

Frankly I think the UK is the only country in the EU which takes this sort of thing seriously....

Last edited by: helicopter on Mon 28 Oct 13 at 11:15
 French butcher - Dutchie
The UK is the only country in the EU which takes this seriously? >:)

A chap at work who's sister used to work in a big Chinese resataurant.All the leftovers from the customers plate went back in the pan to be served again.

Whatever you are served for food better not know to much what goes on in any food establishment kitchen.
 French butcher - Mapmaker
Love andouillette. It's that taste of colon that does it for me.
 French butcher - Ambo
>>Whatever you are served for food better not know to much what goes on in any food establishment kitchen

George Orwell worked in a French restaurant kitchen and wrote that he would never again eat in a restaurant.
 French butcher - Mike Hannon
...and all he did was the washing up!

We were seated near the kitchen door of a restaurant in the UK several years ago and overheard one waiter say to another as they passed through the swing doors 'he ate it'.
Latest Forum Posts