Non-motoring > E-on gas/electricity - new cheaper tariff Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Focusless Replies: 9

E-on gas/electricity - new cheaper tariff - Focusless
Namely Online 6 - same as Online 5, which I changed to about a month ago, but with a slightly higher 'online discount'. Thing is, in the Online 5 info it says there 'may' be a £30 charge for swapping to another tariff, but I can't find out whether this would be applied or not if I switched now.

I've emailed them (phone number busy), but it will probably take a few days to get a reply, and it says there's limited availability for Online 6. Anyone already tried switching?
They just rang me - no charge for canceling the Online 5 unless switching to another supplier.

Is Alanovich still around? IIRC he also switched to Online 5.
In answer to www.car4play.com/forum/post/index.htm?t=126&m=2870&v=e
Yes - I did it online.

When they rang to tell me there was no charge for changing, I asked why it wasn't explained on the website, and was told effectively 'well if we said that everyone would do it' :-)
 E-on gas/electricity - new cheaper tariff - Alanovich
Cool. Just did it myself too.

You do very well keeping your eye on these things!
>> You do very well keeping your eye on these things!

Just got a bill - from being £120 in credit 3 months ago, we're now £130 in debit; usage cost went up from £280 to £460 :(

EDIT: despite the cheaper tariff!
Last edited by: Focus on Tue 2 Mar 10 at 13:08
 E-on gas/electricity - new cheaper tariff - Alanovich
Even on the lower tariff? Crumbs. Winter effect, I suppose. It's been chilly in these here southern parts, eh?
Actually I've just noticed that the latest direct debit went in just after the bill arrived so it doesn't look quite so bad now, but the way the usage has shot up is a bit of a shock.

Roll on summer...
 E-on gas/electricity - new cheaper tariff - smokie
My leccy usage (not cost) over 12 months to Jan was 13% down on last year. I don't recall changing much except turning off unused lights more.
 E-on gas/electricity - new cheaper tariff - ....
Be careful smokie they'll get it back.

Our water and electric bill is merged together here in Germany. Our usage went down from 120€/month to 107. We now have a new charge...for rain water removal. Coming to a town hall near you soon ?

It has been calculated at 400€ per year =:-O
We have a single driveway and a garden path, the rest is garden which soaks the water up and feeds a 30ft pine tree.
Last edited by: gmac on Thu 4 Mar 10 at 17:26
 E-on gas/electricity - new cheaper tariff - Dog
Yus! ... My eating bill for 'the coldest winter in 30 years is £443, that's £350 on the gas & £93 for the leccie, which is (believe it or not) about the same as it woz last Winter.
So, I checks out this ere E-on online 6 malarkey but, it'll only save me a few squid as I'm with the only British energy supplier in the UK, namely Scottish & Southern ('British Gas' are part of Centrica) and I'm already paying by DD.
Plus ... I erd on the wireless today that S & S are reducing their prices by a whacking ...
(wait for it, wait for it) 4%
Last edited by: Dog on Thu 4 Mar 10 at 20:16
Latest Forum Posts