Non-motoring > Pavlos Joseph. South Africans loose the plot. Miscellaneous
Thread Author: henry k Replies: 23

Pavlos Joseph. South Africans loose the plot. - henry k
The football fan who managed to get into the England dressing room after the team's World Cup draw against Algeria has been charged with trespassing.
Pavlos Joseph went looking for the loo and found David Beckham.
Pavlos Joseph, 32, is currently being held at a police station and will appear in a Capetown court this afternoon.
.....the mortgage adviser's family is with him in the country and they believe he was being made into a scapegoat.
He [Joseph] has tickets for the game next week and his family intends to go,
They said the police tried to take the tickets of them this morning, but they refused and they also tried to confiscate their passports.

Oh dear ! The stewards walked out due to pay dispute and the police took over.
Instead of just saying we are looking into it , to save their red faces they resort to the courts.

PR what PR?
I do hope the case gets thrown out.
Last edited by: henry k on Sun 20 Jun 10 at 14:05
 Pavlos Joseph. South Africans loose the plot. - Zero
well if he was looking for the loo, he found a load of merde.
 Pavlos Joseph. South Africans loose the plot. - Duncan
>> >> Pavlos Joseph went looking for the loo
>> >>

Yeah. Right.

Pavlos Joseph. South Africans loose the plot. - Runfer D'Hills
I once met Gary Glitter in a public loo. He was on his way to appear at Shepton Mallet at the time and had been caught short. Perhaps fortuitously I was grown up by then. He had his silver gear on and the wig and all. Quite taken aback I was.
 Pavlos Joseph. South Africans loose the plot. - R.P.
Check his shoes out ?
 Pavlos Joseph. South Africans loose the plot. - Runfer D'Hills
Silver platform boots. Bit tacky.
 Pavlos Joseph. South Africans loose the plot. - MD
>> Quite taken aback I was.
>>
Didn't think that through Hump did you? :o)
 Pavlos Joseph. South Africans loose the plot. - smokie
I can remember many occasions when pals and I decided it would be fun to blag our way into a restricted area. I think my most memorable success was spending about 2 hours in the pit lane at Spa during the 1000km race - I have some fantastic pictures from that day. I just found an unguarded route into the pits.

Some of these people think they are little Gods and shouldn't have to rub shoulders with their fans - they really need to recognise who pays the bills.

But as usual the newspapers have a lot to answer for.
 Pavlos Joseph. South Africans loose the plot. - Iffy
...But as usual the newspapers have a lot to answer for...

What have they done this time?

The guy approached the Daily Mirror to offer them his story.

His account, for what that's worth, is that he was looking for a toilet, stumbled on the dressing room and told the players they were rubbish, without abusing or threatening them.

Becks - bless him - tried to play the whole thing down, as did the princes who said it was their fault for leaving the door open.

A bit of an adventure for the guy concerned, but hardly worth a court appearance.
 Pavlos Joseph. South Africans loose the plot. - Duncan
>> he was looking for a toilet,>>
Yeah, right.

stumbled on the dressing room,>>
Yeah, right.

>> Becks - bless him >>-
Don't you just get a lovely warm glow, whatever that guy does - he is all heart - bless him and thrice bless him
 Pavlos Joseph. South Africans loose the plot. - FotheringtonTomas
>> >> he was looking for a toilet,>>
>> Yeah, right.

You keep repeating that infantile phrase. What do you mean?
 Pavlos Joseph. South Africans loose the plot. - Armel Coussine
>> that infantile phrase.

FT doesn't know what 'Yeah, right' means.

Yeah, right.

Geddit?

:o}
 Pavlos Joseph. South Africans loose the plot. - L'escargot
>> >> Yeah, right.
>>
>> You keep repeating that infantile phrase.
>>

Whatever! www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=whatever
www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=yeah%20right innit.
Last edited by: L'escargot on Tue 22 Jun 10 at 12:40
...he was looking for a toilet,>>
Yeah, right...

Duncan,

He approached a security guard and asked for directions to a toilet, so the best evidence we have is that he was looking for a toilet.

For what it's worth, Danny Baker on 5Live has said several times how easy it is to walk around the grounds - his match ticket has not been checked for two of the games.

This suggests to me the South African security guards are being deliberately low-key, which in turn suggests it might be possible to wander into the players' and officials' area unchallenged.

I think your comment about Beckham is disingenuous - he is well motivated for the cause and is using his profile and charm to do what he can to help - as he has done for our World Cup bid.

Pavlos Joseph. South Africans loose the plot. - henry k
>>This suggests to me the South African security guards are being deliberately low-key, which in turn suggests it might be possible to wander into the players' and officials' area unchallenged.

IIRC Capetown is one of four venues where the security guards walked off site due to a pay dispute.
The Police took over so it looks like they are working to the book rather than using a bit of common sense.

An England fan charged with breaching stadium security to enter the team's dressing room in South Africa will stand trial on Friday.
...the prosecution wanted to proceed with the matter on Monday, but Mr Joseph was not willing to plead guilty and his legal team was not ready to proceed with their defence.

news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/10362752.stm
 Pavlos Joseph. South Africans loose the plot. - Ian (Cape Town)
Easily done.
Met some bloke last week who got lost in the stadium, and waltzed into one of the hospitality suites, no questions asked...

I suspect this chap will either get off or have his fine paid by equally-annoyed england fans
Last edited by: Ian (Cape Town) on Mon 21 Jun 10 at 06:06
 Pavlos Joseph. South Africans loose the plot. - SteelSpark
The guy says he told Beckham that the performance was a disgrace and asked what he was going to do about it. According to a quote from Beckham, the guy actually just said hello and that there was no aggression at all - so I suspect maybe a fine is as far as it will go (if that).

Not sure if the guy actually got lost, or whether he had a plan to get there and give the team what for, but then lost his bottle at the last minute and when actually face to face with Beckham just squeaked an hello.
>> Not sure if the guy actually got lost, or whether he had a plan to
>> get there and give the team what for, but then lost his bottle at the
>> last minute and when actually face to face with Beckham just squeaked an hello.
>>

Given the anger I've encountered from England fans this weekend over the inept performance, I'm surprised a whole lot of them didn't try to storm the dressing room!

Talk is that the magistrate may throw this one out. GREAT performance from the inept security mob, though... I'm in and out of the stadium and surrounds quite a lot, and am amazed how lax they all seem to be.

Pavlos Joseph. South Africans loose the plot. - lancara
"I suspect this chap will either get off or have his fine paid by equally-annoyed england fans"

...or maybe not

"...two Zimbabweans who robbed some foreign journalists on a Wednesday, were arrested on the Thursday, and began 15-year jail sentences on the Friday..."

Don't seem to be messing about.

www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010/jun/20/world-cup-2010-fans-marketing-justice-fifa

Last edited by: lancara on Mon 21 Jun 10 at 11:19
 Pavlos Joseph. South Africans loose the plot. - MD
Looks like Duncan has toddled orf left instead of right, yeah!
 Pavlos Joseph. South Africans loose the plot. - devonite
>>An English fan who entered the English players dressing room has been charged with Trespass<<

23 others have been charged with impersonating Football Players!
Apparently Robert Green was supposed to stop him...
 Pavlos Joseph. South Africans loose the plot. - SteelSpark
>> Apparently Robert Green was supposed to stop him...

LOL :)
...two Zimbabweans who robbed some foreign journalists on a Wednesday, were arrested on the Thursday, and began 15-year jail sentences on the Friday..."

Speedy justice, although something similar has happened in this country.

I was involved in a case of armed shop robbery which the guy carried out on a Friday.

Police recognised him from the CCTV and he was arrested - still in possession of the firearm - on the same day.

Appeared before magistrates on Saturday morning, who sent him straight to the crown court the following Thursday for a preliminary hearing.

His barrister at that hearing told the judge the defendant was realistic, knew he was looking at along stretch, and wanted to make a start on it straight away.

The judge played along and gave the guy eight years - six days after the offence.
Last edited by: ifithelps on Tue 22 Jun 10 at 06:26
Latest Forum Posts