Non-motoring > Vilamoura - Algarve Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Bazzabear Replies: 13

Vilamoura - Algarve - Bazzabear
Will be visiting this resport for a week on Thursday.

Any suggestions for things to do and places to visit while we're there? Places to eat as well.

Another thought - as a committed Sharpe fan, I would quite like the opportunity to visit a battleground from the Peninsula War. Is there anything around that area, or is it too far south?
 Vilamoura - Algarve - mikeyb
Good choice of location. The marina is very plesant. Cant really remember what we did there bar a boat trip, but it was a good holiday. Had a very young child with us so the scope of holiday was limited. On a motoring theme there was some kind of classic car show on the marina which I enjoyed for an hour or so in the evening.
 Vilamoura - Algarve - Zero
www.peninsularwar.com/
Boat trip? What was that like? Just a tour of the coast, or to somewhere in particular?
 Vilamoura - Algarve - bathtub tom
I did that area once and found it very boring. Hired a car to look around, but found nothing of interest. It's fine if you want to laze around on the stunning, sandy beaches all day (the sea's freezing-Atlantic), or play golf, but apart from the very moderately priced, good food, I couldn't find much.
Last edited by: bathtub tom {p} on Tue 22 Jun 10 at 23:25
 Vilamoura - Algarve - MD
I'm with BT. Yawn.
 Vilamoura - Algarve - BiggerBadderDave
I did the Algarve last year.

Nearly died of boredom. Big shock to the wallet to. I will never go back.
You lot are a cheery bunch, ta!
Is it too late to change?
It's tomorrow, so I'd say so!
To be honest, if there's nothing whatsoever to do, I'll enjoy spending a week in the very nice villa reading by the pool and similar.
lot to be said for chilling out.
 Vilamoura - Algarve - MD
>> You lot are a cheery bunch, ta!
>>
Ahem. You did ask.
I know, I'd have skipped the 'ta' were I at all aggravated!
 Vilamoura - Algarve - mikeyb
>> Boat trip? What was that like? Just a tour of the coast, or to somewhere
>> in particular?
>>

TBH I cant remember - the only thing I do recall is my other half being pregnant, and getting off the boat and throwing up :-)
Latest Forum Posts