Non-motoring > One for BBD Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Armel Coussine Replies: 3

One for BBD - Armel Coussine
... In case you haven't been alerted, and depending of course on your skies and whether they are clear, there's a promised big meteor shower tonight. Supposed to be more or less overhead from here, visible from 10pm and at its most intense around 2am tomorrow, and it looks as if the sky will be clear.

Freeze-ass city though...
Sorry BBD, and anyone else who's interested, I think. I've been out a couple of times since 10 and not a single meteorite have I seen. I'll try again around 2 but I'm not optimistic. Washout probably. It's like that sometimes. The comic, annoyingly or mischievously, was promising fireworks, colours, all sorts of stuff.

Saw a meteorite shower decades ago, the Perseids I think, quite unexpectedly, in summer too so one could just lie down and enjoy the display. Can't remember where but West country I think.
Last edited by: Armel Coussine on Sun 14 Dec 14 at 00:35
Went out at 2am for five minutes. Fine clear sky, half moon, Orion to the south, Mars I think high up, not a meteorite to be seen.

Perhaps they are showing over Poland, or will light up the sky here for hours until just before I peer up through the window during a 4am slash.

Apologies if anyone went out and got cold for nothing. Enthusiasm's embarrassing sometimes.

Herself, who is keener on astronomy than I am, went to bed at 11 as usual. She has an instinct for these things, and hates the cold.

One for BBD - BiggerBadderDave
I was walking home at 2am this morning permanently staring up at the stars as usual. If I'm not careful I'm going to fall down an uncovered manhole doing that.

Too cloudy last night, nothing to see at all. Not a sausage.

Had a close dance with my boy's best friend's mum so it was a good result after all.
Latest Forum Posts