Non-motoring > Camera vs iphone Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Bobby Replies: 2

Camera vs iphone - Bobby
We go away Camping in a couple of weeks and there is potential to take lots of scenic views as well as day to day activities. At that point I will have 2 cameras
a Canon IXUS 60 which I have had for a few years like this
www.cameras.co.uk/camera-reviews/canon-ixus-60.cfm

or an iphone 6.

Which has the best camera? Obviously the Canon has non digital zoom but other than that what would be the best? I quite fancy doing a time lapse video of us trying to put the tent up so that would need to be the iphone.

However how do you put an iphone on a tripod? I saw things like this on ebay
www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Tripod-Holder-Bluetooth-Selfie-Remote-Shutter-For-iPhone-6-6Plus-5S-5-Samsung-/221637210365?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item339a9b70fd

I also have a separate normal size tripod

I am not a fan of the selfie stick but think this doesn't look quite as bad!

Any photographers out there with advice? I assume camera technology has moved on so much that for everyday, the iphone would stuff the Ixus?
 Camera vs iphone - Zero

>> However how do you put an iphone on a tripod? I saw things like this
>> on ebay
>> www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Tripod-Holder-Bluetooth-Selfie-Remote-Shutter-For-iPhone-6-6Plus-5S-5-Samsung-/221637210365?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item339a9b70fd
>>
>> I also have a separate normal size tripod

In that case you just need this

www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Universal-Stand-Tripod-Holder-Mount-For-iPhone-6-5S-Galaxy-S5-S4-Note-3-2-Camera-/381152404624?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item58be742490

>> Any photographers out there with advice? I assume camera technology has moved on so much
>> that for everyday, the iphone would stuff the Ixus?

Not a hope in hell. Compared to a camera the optics on any phone are sheit
 Camera vs iphone - Manatee
I don't know what the iPhone 6 has, but the optical zoom is the main edge for the Ixus. Phone cameras tend to be fairly wide angle and cropping a small part out of the centre of the picture doesn't leave many pixels.

But, as ever, the best camera is the one you have with you and ready for instant action. I took an SLR, my little LX3, and a phone with me last week. The SLR never came out of its case, and the phone had the most use.
Latest Forum Posts