Non-motoring > Sunday lunch Miscellaneous
Thread Author: Armel Coussine Replies: 7

Sunday lunch - Armel Coussine
We drove 20 miles and back today to have lunch with the middle daughter and her car-freak, movie cameraman husband. She's an ace cook and we had duck with trimmings and a very fine cake with cream, yum.

Her two children from a former liaison and their seven-year-old were all present. The 19-year-old was and is pretty cool, the 13-year-old was pouting for reasons not disclosed, and the seven-year-old was her usual charming and delightful self.

The middle daughter is an acerbic number, and I always think she gives the car freak a hard time, although he seems to cope.

One sherry, one bottle of beer and a pub single of some sort of posh Talisker single malt probably left me legal to drive on the way back. A bit shaming, but I am getting on in years.
All the nippers are exceptionally cute, without trying to be.

Indeed all my descendants are cute. They get it from their recent ancestors.

:o}
The SiL has an injured left arm. He's off somewhere exotic for two days very soon for work reasons. Apparently he can manage the camera on his right shoulder, chapeau, but I hope he'll cope OK.
 Sunday lunch - Manatee
Some people need a bit of age properly to enjoy these things. At least, slow learners such as I do.

I'm very much looking forward to Christmas with the sprogs, including my daughter, her laconic Caledonian husband and our granddaughter (b. 2014) who already has ready sense of humour.

Christmas hasn't always been my favourite time, but I have now relaxed enough to enjoy it.
 Sunday lunch - legacylad
Had my one and only Xmas dinner today. A pub several miles up the valley entertained us, as they did last year. 17 of us, a special one off menu @ £15. Vast amounts of turkey, roasties, mash, carrots, cauliflower, sprouts, seasoning, Yorkshire pudd, pigs in blankets. Choice of puddings, including a vast cheeseboard, mince pies, coffe & mints.
By prior arrangement the landlord put on a barrel of our choosing. Only nine of us were on the beer, the ladies were on other stuff, and I regret to say that even after six hours drinking & boozing we were unable to finish it. We did our best to get through 72 pints and there cannot be much left!
The landlord then shuttled us back home in his vehicle. All part of the deal.
That's my Christmas over thank goodness.
 Sunday lunch - R.P.
That reminds me legacylad....Friend is a part owner of a new bar. He stocks Sierra Nevada and I mentioned the Oktoberfest version....he's going to lay it on..!
 Sunday lunch - legacylad
Presumably he stocks the SN in bottles? I visited Fanny's Alehouse in Saltaire a few months ago whilst looking at Hockneys ' Arrival of Spring' exhibition at Salts Mill and they had it on draught. SN Torpedo IPA is another favourite of mine, although at the moment I'm mainly drinking Kirkby Lonsdale ' Single Track' & Gooseye brewery ' Chinook'. Both very hoppy, flowery, around 4.2% and £2.90 in one of my locals.( buy 6 get one free =£2.50) no time limit, just don't lose your till receipts!
And I have neither sandals nor beard.
 Sunday lunch - Stuartli
>>The landlord then shuttled us back home in his vehicle. All part of the deal.>>

I'd say that you and your friends have enjoyed the bargain of the year.
Latest Forum Posts