useless to the company..

Think you can fly a

helicopter? Click on

the

link below and give

it a whirl!

: www.hurtwood.demon.co.uk/Fun/copter.swf
 Think you can fly a retpocileh? - VxFan
Something's wrong with my helicopter. Sounds like it's got a misfire.
 Think you can fly a retpocileh? - Dog
Has it got sound - I didn't know that. An olde one of course, I think I posted it last time :)

Tis difficult (for me) best I can get is 266 ... so far.
 Think you can fly a retpocileh? - bathtub tom
A helicopter flew into the restricted air space of the first Red Arrows UK display on Sunday.

Wonder what the pilot thought when they were buzzed by the red gnat that was sent out to him?

The display was stopped until the chopper was safely clear and was then cut short because the Arrows used fuel hanging around and needed sufficient to return to base.

Could be a few thousand spectators chasing the helicopter pilot for a partial refund of their ticket cost.
 Think you can fly a retpocileh? - bathtub tom
>> Wonder what the pilot thought when they were buzzed by the red gnat that was
>> sent out to him?

red gnat should have been Hunter Hawk!
 Think you can fly a retpocileh? - Bromptonaut
>> red gnat should have been Hunter Hawk!

Hunter Hawk should have been BAe Hawk (nee Hawker Siddeley Hawk).

www.raf.mod.uk/equipment/Hawkt1.cfm
Last edited by: Bromptonaut on Thu 12 May 16 at 19:50
=> best I can get is 266 455 ... so far.
=> 874

b***** hell and Good grief ... that's from the missus :)
 Think you can fly a retpocileh? - Armel Coussine
I can't fly that one for long, never get past the second obstacle except by flying into the ground.

The repeated loud clunks are strangely dispiriting.

I don't know how the score system works, but my best score before the clunk was something between 39 and 44.
Last edited by: Armel Coussine on Tue 12 Jul 16 at 14:56
Y'all need to keep practising Sire. My highest score was 455 but I've just had another go and scored 528.

:o}
I won't get much better and I've spent too much time on it already Perro. Too shaky.

My hands are covered with dust and the floor covered with piles of paperback books. I'm loth to chuck out the hundred or so science fiction novels and magazines although only some of them have what you would call literary merit. Mainly it's quite childish and as my father said, neurotic stuff, often involving groteque alien beasties, but there's an earnest technophile seriousness about the best of these fictions, very American, that I always found attractive, and there's quite a lot of very funny humour.

Apart from them, there's a heap of novels and texts, a lot of them in French, from my dilettante Africanist period. They too are a very mixed bunch, some being pretty deplorable actually.

How to reduce these piles of books to some sort of rational order, and purge the unwanted, is the present task. Looks as if it will take for ever, and require a couple more bookshelves, Raaaas!
 Think you can fly a retpocileh? - movilogo
Managed 600 after few tries and then got bored.
I don't understand where these huge scores come from. I yield to very few in my hopelessness at computer games, but I just don't believe others here are 20 or 40 times as quick and steady as I am.
Kafka, F. Scott Fitzgerald, depressing Malcolm Lowry, bizarre Jean Cocteau, sour but super-intelligent Jean-Paul Sartre, Colette I ask you, Gide, Robbe-Grillet... I'd like to be able to wonder who all these cats are or were, but I know only too well.

Glad to have left all the faff behind, but I'm reluctant to bung the books or sell them for peanuts to someone who buys them by the yard.

I can free up four or five feet of shelf space but it will be a great nuisance, there being so much clobber in here.
I tried to add the brutal French-Algerian colon writer Albert Camus but was pink-striped. Anyway that's enough froggy authors (ed).
Last edited by: Armel Coussine on Tue 12 Jul 16 at 16:51
I've read A Happy Death, by Albert Camus. Mainly because I was attracted by the title. Same with The Outsider, by Colin Wilson. I'm an outsider, as is Nigel Farage :o)

My friend Lauri the leather craftsman was an outsider too. He was well-read, but not in your league, he read the entire library of Kingston Penitentiary in Toronto while he was doing five years on D block.

Re: the helicopter game, I use a desktop PC with a 22" monitor and a 'proper' mouse. I couldn't imagine trying it with the memsahibs laptop, although I do have a cordless mouse to use on that, but I just can't get on with laptops.
How peops use their 'smart' phones to access this site I'll never know.

Re: all your mighty-fine books, why not just leave them on the shelf for now, you know they mean a lot to you.
First time I've played this since thread has resurfaced.

And just scored 755

EDIT

And a 2nd try, 911
Last edited by: VxFan on Tue 12 Jul 16 at 21:32
Latest Forum Posts