Non-motoring > Stolen wheel. Beware of a Transit in Woking. Miscellaneous
Thread Author: henry k Replies: 13

Stolen wheel. Beware of a Transit in Woking. - henry k
www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-surrey-10840985
Sounds a really iffy area of leafy Surrey :-)

Stolen wheel. Beware of a Transit in Woking. - Zero
clearly it was a sports barrow of some class.
 Stolen wheel. Beware of a Transit in Woking. - WillDeBeest
Nah - desperate mother of three en route to Legoland. She realized she'd need the wheelbarrow to carry the admission money.
 Stolen wheel. Beware of a Transit in Woking. - Duncan
>> a really iffy area of leafy Surrey :-)
>>

Isn't this Zero country - not proper Surrey as we understand it!
 Stolen wheel. Beware of a Transit in Woking. - Tooslow
Why is the adjective "leafy" inseparable from "Surrey"? It's mostly built on and concreted over anyway :-)

JH
Pyrford is real massive hole in your bank account surrey.
 Stolen wheel. Beware of a Transit in Woking. - MD
Surrey was my father's family stamping ground. Never heard of Pyrford!
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pyrford
 Stolen wheel. Beware of a Transit in Woking. - wotspur
I was born in pyrford - the worst thing about it was there was no pub - The anchor pub is just the wrong side of canal - but well worth a visit, to all those who go to Wisely Gardens - instead of turning right out on to the A3, go left and relax with a meal and watch narrow boats go up and down the canal.

It was an ideal location to grow up in, but as someone mentioned too expensive for me when i left home -
some great history with an old church from 12-13 century and a demolished abbey - famous 30+years ago for a halloween gathering !! and the old Rowley hospital which speciallised in repairing bones and visited regularly by Barry Sheen !! and slightly more recently the guy who was the M25 rapist atacked a young lady on Pyrford common and finally the original THE OMEN was filmed at Pyrford Place, which when I dleivered papers there actually was a nursing home - watch the film and right at the end the copper mentions about the car heading towards Seven hills Road- now that is optomistic knowledge of where he's heading as that road is at least 4 miles away
 Stolen wheel. Beware of a Transit in Woking. - Duncan
>> >> copper mentions about the car heading towards Seven hills Road- now that is optomistic knowledge
>> of where he's heading as that road is at least 4 miles away>>

And it's shut!

Stolen wheel. Beware of a Transit in Woking. - hjd
We live about a mile away from Pyrford and son plays for the cricket club.
Some very nice houses but also some very cramped areas where you pay more for the house because it's in Pyrford.
 Stolen wheel. Beware of a Transit in Woking. - Hard Cheese

I was brought up in the area, I know Pyrford very well.

Going back up there from the west country really show why it deserves to be called leafy, throughout Woking, Woodham, West Byfleet, Weybridge etc you cant see more than 100 yards or so because of the trees, it makes me feel a little claustrophobic, not to mention the road humps ... ... ...

Ah the road humps, some of them are so high here I was thinking of getting a team of sherpa's together....
 Stolen wheel. Beware of a Transit in Woking. - -
>> I was thinking of
>> getting a team of sherpa's together....
>>

Sherpa's, best as a convoy team as they systematically break down parts can be cannibalised.
Latest Forum Posts